Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Web Cam

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MangoM
Follower
Follower
Was wondering if I install my Arlo Pro webcam over my motion sensor spotlight, will it interfere/obstruct with the camera's infrared night-time vision when the motion light sensor goes on ?
3 REPLIES 3
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

one way to find out is to intall it at leat a foot away from the Light,  do some tests.  then install it where you want it, test again.  If you like the results, your golden...

Streak2
Master Master
Master

It won't interfere. If the camera is recording movement when the light turns on then it will switch from black and white night mode to color day mode.

If the light comes on first then the camera will record in colour. This is assuming that the light is bright enough for the camera to switch modes.

The sensitivity of the two motion sensors will probably be different.

It could happen that one device comes on before the other. You would have to adjust to achieve the effect that you want.

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Streak2 wrote:

It won't interfere. If the camera is recording movement when the light turns on then it will switch from black and white night mode to color day mode.

If the light comes on first then the camera will record in colour. This is assuming that the light is bright enough for the camera to switch modes.

The sensitivity of the two motion sensors will probably be different.

It could happen that one device comes on before the other. You would have to adjust to achieve the effect that you want.

If the Arlo pro is mounted on top of the Motion Light you might have a problem.  If it sits far enough back, Motion detection will be impaired with the Arlo Pro.  (The motion beams might be blocked by the top on th motion light)