Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why am I unable to access my local recordings?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rholdcroft
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know my SmartHub is saving videos to it’s local storage, but I am unable to view these videos in the Arlo app.

I have tried everything to sort it out including restarting, resetting, using a different SD card, different device, etc.

I can’t even see the option to turn on port forwarding for the SmartHub.

IMG_0095.png

IMG_0096.png

IMG_0097.png

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted your phone and reinstalled the app? Does the pulldown menu in Library appear to let you choose local recordings?

rholdcroft
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have done both of those things, and it has not solved the issue.

I don’t have the library in my app, I have the ‘Feed’ instead.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't view local recordings in Feed. Use the settings for your hub, Storage Settings to view local recordings.

rholdcroft
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please see the screenshots I have attached in the first post. You will see that there is no option to view the local recordings in the storage settings. I have not been trying to view them in the ‘Feed’ as I know this is not possible with the latest Arlo app UI.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm gonna guess you're using iOS while I'm on Android. If so, there may be a difference, at least to some degree, between the 2 apps.

Have you tried a different device (phone/tablet)?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I'm gonna guess you're using iOS while I'm on Android. If so, there may be a difference, at least to some degree, between the 2 apps.

Direct Access to local storage is working properly on my iPhone 12 mini (running iOS 16.6)

rholdcroft
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have tried several other devices and the problem still persists.

This has all started since adding a second SmartHub to my account under a different address. Now I can no longer access direct storage at both of my addresses (even when using the same network).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

With the new UI (Feed) you have to have a subscription for each location. Do you?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

With the new UI (Feed) you have to have a subscription for each location.

Not for direct access to local storage.