Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Maxnel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a  VMB4000 - I found the compatibility list, and of all the cameras,  the Arlo Essential ($49) and Pro 5Sk ($119 on sale) are the ones I can afford.  I would prefer the Arlo Pro5SK.  However, the VMB400 only lists the Arlo Pro 5S, not the Arlo Pro5SK.  Will the Arlo Pro5SK be compatible?

--

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Maxnel wrote:

I have a  VMB4000 - I found the compatibility list, and of all the cameras,  the Arlo Essential ($49) and Pro 5Sk ($119 on sale) are the ones I can afford.  I would prefer the Arlo Pro5SK.  However, the VMB400 only lists the Arlo Pro 5S, not the Arlo Pro5SK.  Will the Arlo Pro5SK be compatible?

--

There is no "Pro 5Sk" - are you sure you don't mean "Pro 5S 2K"?  The 2K just refers to the resolution, it is not part of the camera name.  But to remove any doubt, it is compatible with the VMB4000 base. 

If you change your mind, be careful on the Essential model.  The Gen 2 Essential cameras are not compatible with any base station yet.  The original Essentials are compatible, but getting hard to find.

BTW

1. Both cameras can be connected to your home wifi network w/o a base.
  2. You will need a subscription to get cloud recordings with any currently sold Arlo camera.   Arlo stopped offering the free 7-day storage you likely have now back in 2018.
Maxnel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello StephenB!  Happy Fourth!  Thank you for your help-I appreciate it. I got the Pro 5S from the Base compatibility list, and accidentally added the "k".  Typo on my part.  I will look at the  Pro 5S 2K and make a purchase.  Thanks again.