Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LilacLoa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, on this website there is a solar panel charger that says it’s suitable for Arlo pro 5 which is what we have. When going in store to look at them in person, the sales people are adamant they are only compatible with *up to* Arlo 4. Can someone please confirm whether they’re compatible with 5 or when a solar panel charger might be coming out suitable for 5 as we’re barely getting 24 hours before having to charge the battery. With 4 cameras I am done with charging so often. Thank you 

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The two Arlo panels (one black, one white) can be found here:

They are the VMA5600-20000S (white) and the VMA5600B-20000S (black).

You can of course buy them at retail stores (or other on-line stores like Amazon).

LilacLoa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Guru. That takes me to the US website to order them. Is there just the one website for everyone? I’m Australia based, thanks again!

LilacLoa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oops, my apologies Stephen 😃

LilacLoa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a look at the link thank you and they’re the ones that Bunnings is adamant that they do not work with the Arlo 5. I’m rather confused. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LilacLoa wrote:

I had a look at the link thank you and they’re the ones that Bunnings is adamant that they do not work with the Arlo 5. I’m rather confused. 

The Bunnings folks are the ones who are confused. The compatibility list for the panels (from the link) is

panel.png

You coud try to educate them by showing them the picture above, or just ignore them and purchase it.

I'm tagging @JamesC in case Arlo wants to connect with them.

LilacLoa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wonderful, thank you!

It is Bunnings, Curtis Road, Munno Para, South Australia for reference. 

I appreciate your help 😊

LilacLoa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think this is where the confusion lay @StephenB  This is what is seen our end 

13C24B54-2CD5-4ACA-B093-DA83459585DB.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LilacLoa wrote:

I think this is where the confusion lay @StephenB  This is what is seen our end 

I'm tagging @JamesC , so he can report this discrepancy to the proper Arlo folks.