Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Securelink wont connect

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
Thenerd
Star
Star

I recently purchased a pro 5 camera and every time I try to pair it to secure link it doesn’t.

It'll flash blue lights, then flash Amber twice, and say it could not be paired to try again . I’ve done every type of troubleshooting I’ve removed Home security reinstalled removed pro 5 camera reinstalled reset my network deleted Arlo app reinstalled and nothing has seemed to work to get my Arlo pro 5 to connect to secure link

It’s connected to my 2G and 5G just not my secure link

24 REPLIES 24
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Thenerd
Star
Star

IMG_3959.png

There’s no one option to toggle the secure link on or off just the device. So all I do is set up and has me click pair and I do and says try again so like I mentioned nothing works I’ve removed camera and home security and reinstalled and nothing 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We have a ticket open with the development team for this issue. The development team is currently investigating these reports. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

Thenerd
Star
Star

I received a call today from someone at arlo trying to help me but still no success to pair with secure link 

Thenerd
Star
Star

Any resolution yet?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thenerd,

I do not have any updates at this time. The team is continuing to investigate the issue. I will post here as soon as I know more.

Jamesc

Thenerd
Star
Star

Any update? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thenerd,

The development team is continuing to investigate reports of this issue. I will provide an update when I have more information available to share.

Jamesc

Thenerd
Star
Star

It’s been about a month how has this not been resolved yet? You would think buying a upgrade would be better but it’s not 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thenerd,

I've requested a status update on the ticket we have open on this issue. I will provide you with more information as soon as I hear back from the team.

JamesC

Thenerd
Star
Star

Any update yet?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thenerd,

I do not have new information at this time but the development team is actively investigating the ticket associated with this issue. I will post an update as soon as I hear more.

JamesC

Scojo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Wondering if there was ever a resolution to the associated ticket?

I’m in exactly the same circumstance and unable to activate secure link between by 5s cameras and security system key pad. Both my products work independently, but I’ve had no luck getting secure link to work. I’ve also followed all the listed advice from Arlo (checking wifi, resets etc) with no luck. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scojo,

I've requested an update from the development team on this issue. I will provide more information as soon as I hear back.

JamesC

Thenerd
Star
Star

Still doesn’t work 

Moseys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is doing the same. Nothing works.

karenbobiv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Add me to the list of users who can't attach their Pro 5S to their keypad.  I am setting this up on a storage unit and then will be away for a long time.  Would hope the developers have sorted this out by now; months have gone by.

benjaminmiles
Tutor
Tutor

Same. I have never been able to secure link to connect, even when forcing everything over 2.4 GHz.

benjaminmiles
Tutor
Tutor

Any update? I have 3 x Pro 5s. All of them connected to a 2.4 GHz network for install. Keypad connected to the same 2.4 GHz network as well. I just reset all cams and tried again. I can add the devices, but secure link setup always fails. Help!

Thenerd
Star
Star

I’m sure it has to do with Arlo and secure link I got a second pro 5 and it connected on first try but my first pro 5 that I still have still will not connect to secure link and all my camera are connected to 2g and 5G 

Scojo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve heard nothing from Arlo.  Absolute radio silence. When that’s combined with the lack of HomeKit integration (promised multiple times in other Arlo threads) I wish I hadn’t bought the cameras and I’ve directed numerous friends away from them in the past 6 months. 1/5 stars from me. 

Re securelink, the process for me always stops at “looking for your camera” - right at the start - but gets no further - almost as if the pairing doesn’t initiate.  Somewhat ironic given the prompt to start the securelink connection is found under the camera settings to start with.

benjaminmiles
Tutor
Tutor

Same. When I start the set up for SecureLink, that camera's light will blink once or twice, but it never progresses beyond "Looking For Camera" in the app. 

cubbierc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue.  I purchased three 3-packs, nine total cameras and the keypad/alarm system because of the SecureLink feature to reach areas where WiFi may be weak plus the advertised longer battery life when using this feature.  Also needed SecureLink to use that feature with the cellular/battery backup accessory if power/WiFi is out.  I've tried everything I know to do and it will not connect.  Was planning on the full subscription for person detection and emergency response.  Returning it all to BestBuy and Amazon if I can't get SecureLink to work before those return windows close.  This has been a huge waste of time trying to set up all of this.

Snolte4558
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having the problem pairing the Arlo Pro 5S cameras…flash blue lights, then flash Amber twice, and the app says  it could not be paired and to try again

What is the status of this?