Pro 5s 2K(VMC4060P) fails to connect Netgear NightHawk RAX120 router

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AlanCho
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am unable to connect WIFI to Netgear NightHawk RAX120 router. I tried and following every steps from Arlo support site but no luck. Every time scan QR code and hear a chime from the Pro 5s 2k success but it was keeping search the device forever. I tried to reset my router with no help at all. The router works prefect without problem. Can anyone have same issue?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the router's attached device list after you hear the chime.

Let us know if the camera shows up in the list.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Occasionally a reboot of the router fixes this sort of issue.

AlanCho
Aspirant
Aspirant

check the router attached list after hear the chime right away with refresh but no connection

AlanCho
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also reboot and reset the router to default configuration but still no luck!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AlanCho wrote:

check the router attached list after hear the chime right away with refresh but no connection

Ok. That suggests that the camera is unable to join the network.  FWIW, it'd be nice if the camera followed up with a second tone indicating either success or failure after the chime (which only says that the camera read the QR code).  But it doesn't.

A couple of things to check:

• make sure the router wifi is set to WPA2 (AES) security - not WPA3.
  • if you have any punctuation, spaces, or other "special" characters in the wifi name or password, then try removing them.