Pro 5S 2K Motion trigger

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Billa32778
Follower
Follower

Question... I have a 4 camera set up, all wireless and all connected to continuous power source. The motion trigger seems to be very slow and the motion sensor erratic. For instance, for the most part the cameras don't seem to pick up motion and trigger a recording until the subject is right in front and on top of the camera. I'd like to see activity sooner. At other times it will send me an alert for something that is happening 75 to 100' away, which is supposed to be way outside the sensor range.

My back porch camera picks up movement that is 7 or 8 feet away, but won't trigger a recording from motion 15 feet away. All of this is well within the viewing range... Does the motion sensor not cover the entire range of the camera? If not don't you think they should... I certainly thought it world.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Billa32778,

There are several things to consider when it comes to motion detection. Camera position, signal strength, distance to the object being detected, etc. all play a part in how the camera will behave. For tips on what you can do to make sure your camera is positioned for best performance, take a look at this article: https://kb.arlo.com/1015583/How-do-I-optimize-motion-detection-for-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC