Replacing older Pro2 cameras on a 5 Camera System

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pzsaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a 5 camera Pro2 camera system and I think the VMB4030 base station model. I have the grandfathered no paid subscription plan where I have recorded videos for 7 days for up to 5 cameras. 
if I purchase some newer model cameras like the Pro4/5 or Ultra models to be part of the maximum 5 cameras will I still have the same non paid subscription with these as long if I do not go over 5 cameras?
thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pzsaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen, 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

The 7days free cloud storage bundle ended after the pro2 model back in 2018.

Any later model camera requires a paid subscription plan after the trial period ends to use cloud services and storage.

Theory says you can add a new camera to the existing five pro2 cameras as the limit is based on unsubscribed cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

The 7days free cloud storage bundle ended after the pro2 model back in 2018.

@pzsaul:  Just want to add that the free cloud storage is tied to the (legacy) cameras and not the base.  New models (starting with the Ultra in 2018) don't come with free cloud storage - it doesn't matter what base you connect them to (or if you connect them to your home wifi). 

pzsaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Danny, I had to ask just in case I wanted to upgrade. Not worth the fee for me past 7 days for my home. Take care.

pzsaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen,