Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RMG-7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have purchased 2 x Arlo Pro5 cameras to use in Mauritius. We have set up a new account but when we go to add device (on iPhone / iPad) it does not give the option to add a Pro5 camera, please help / advise

will these cameras work in Mauritius? 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's only a limited number of countries that can get subscriptions so it's likely you need to return the cameras. You can use a VPN server in a country that does get subs to set the system up and use a credit card from that country to purchase a plan when the trial sub expires. After setup, you don't need the VPN.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062249/Where-is-Arlo-Secure-available

RMG-7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Ok, set up a VPN in Europe, deleted initial account, set up new account using VPN and yes, the PRO 5 now comes up as an option to add, HOWEVER, when I go to add camera, go through all the steps (put the local wifi details) and it then will not find the camera after searching for it, very annoying… so the VPN has given the option in the app to add the Pro 5 but then will not recognise it once I log into the wifi network in MU (which is 2.4) any other suggestions..? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RMG-7 wrote:

Hi

Ok, set up a VPN in Europe, deleted initial account, set up new account using VPN and yes, the PRO 5 now comes up as an option to add, HOWEVER, when I go to add camera, go through all the steps (put the local wifi details) and it then will not find the camera after searching for it, very annoying…

Did you turn off the VPN after you created the account?  It needs to be off during the actual install.