Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Introducing Arlo Pro 5S 2K - Cutting-Edge Clarity. Powerful Protection.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 29 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Leave your worries at the door with cutting edge clarity and powerful protection with the Arlo Pro 5S 2K. Installation is easier than ever with a wire-free setup and smart Wi-Fi with dual band connection that automatically connects to either the 2.4or5GHz network, whichever is stronger, for faster video loading and less buffering.

See the details that matter with 2K HDR video that’s twice the resolution of HD cameras, 12x zoom to make out details like faces or license plates, and a wide 160 degree field of view helps to see the bigger picture. Never miss a detail with clearer video even at night with color night vision and enhanced low light video with an advanced image sensor.

The Pro 5S 2K is also built to work with the Arlo Home Security system, providing enhanced battery life, a more robust connection with Arlo SecureLink, and image verification when power or Wi-Fi is down.

Get smarter notifications on your phone when the Pro 5S 2K spots people, vehicles, animals, or packages, and view live or recorded video clips directly from your phone with a free trial of Arlo Secure service included. Personalize your notifications and create custom activity zones to ensure you only get alerts for what matters most, reducing less important notifications.

Looking for more information on Arlo Pro 5?

Post a reply or visit Arlo Support if you have any additional questions or need more information about Arlo Pro 5.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Community!

29 REPLIES 29
Arlouseruser
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo appears to be trying to be a substitute for Homekit, which is annoying and not going to work at any meaningful scale. 

Please provide a date when this camera will be usable with Homekit. 

nicvdw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All

I live in South Africa. My Arlo 5s 2k cameras do not want to pair to my wifi. I also can only find devices up to arlo pro 4 on my app. One of the support staff via the bot informed me that the 5s cameras are not support in my country. Could this be true? Any help to try and get my cameras connected will be reatly appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Until your app supports the Pro5, you can't add it. Various pieces and parts of Arlo products and their software are rolled out rather than being immediately available in all parts of the world. Why that is is unknown to all of us but likely depends on a wide variety of reasons. 

If you have the latest app, all you can do is wait.

nicvdw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback

Duru
Tutor
Tutor

After using the product for a couple of months, I have two humble expectations for some features hopefully become available for the future releases of the product(s):

-Possibility of triggering sirene for an additional activity zone set within an existing activity zone. In other words, creating two overlapping activity zones, one of which being a smaller zone and possibility to assign specific actions to this one. In the current version, one may create multiple activity zones but cannot assign zone specific actions. For example, in the outer zone the cam might start recording but when approaching the inner zone then another action..

-Creating motion specific automations. Arlo is already capable of distinguishing persons/animals/packages/vehicles and recording those separately. Why not combining this with automations. For example, it would be a very useful feature to trigger specific actions (such as sirene) upon detecting a person at the doorstep after a certain time.