Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Introducing Arlo Pro 5S 2K - Cutting-Edge Clarity. Powerful Protection.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 29 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Leave your worries at the door with cutting edge clarity and powerful protection with the Arlo Pro 5S 2K. Installation is easier than ever with a wire-free setup and smart Wi-Fi with dual band connection that automatically connects to either the 2.4or5GHz network, whichever is stronger, for faster video loading and less buffering.

See the details that matter with 2K HDR video that’s twice the resolution of HD cameras, 12x zoom to make out details like faces or license plates, and a wide 160 degree field of view helps to see the bigger picture. Never miss a detail with clearer video even at night with color night vision and enhanced low light video with an advanced image sensor.

The Pro 5S 2K is also built to work with the Arlo Home Security system, providing enhanced battery life, a more robust connection with Arlo SecureLink, and image verification when power or Wi-Fi is down.

Get smarter notifications on your phone when the Pro 5S 2K spots people, vehicles, animals, or packages, and view live or recorded video clips directly from your phone with a free trial of Arlo Secure service included. Personalize your notifications and create custom activity zones to ensure you only get alerts for what matters most, reducing less important notifications.

Looking for more information on Arlo Pro 5?

Post a reply or visit Arlo Support if you have any additional questions or need more information about Arlo Pro 5.

Thank you for being part of the Arlo Community!

29 REPLIES 29
Higgins538
Initiate
Initiate

Keep sharing such informative post.

Jerrysza
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for this wonderful information.

rvd67
Guide
Guide

DO NOT BUY until they fix new arlo secure app!

The new cameras are great but forces you to "upgrade" to the new version of the arlo secure app...which is actually a downgrade. Usability, particularly viewing recorded videos, has taken a several steps backwards. There are other issues as well. Search the forums and read for yourself before you buy, particularly if you are a current arlo user with the old app. Hopefully arlo will bring the functionality of the app back into the 2020's soon. It's a shame too because the 5S 2 K is a great camera, but the basic functionality of viewing your videos completely nullifies that.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rvd67,

The development team is currently reviewing feedback about the experience with viewing and navigating the recording feed within the new app UI. Enhancements are being considered for future versions of the app. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

Aitchaitch
Initiate
Initiate

Just bought this cam. 

The app keeps saying there's a June 2023 update, but then it doesn't update when I click the link. And then it goes back to tell me there's an update. 

And because I can't update, I can't view the live feed. 

Please fix!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aitchaitch,

Restart the camera by pulling the battery or through the Arlo Secure mobile app, allow the camera to come back online and then attempt the firmware update. This should allow the update to be completed.

JamesC

Duru
Tutor
Tutor

Hi there,

I have been using Pro 5S 2K for almost 2 months and found out that the camera is not working properly when plugged in to the charger and an activity zone is enabled. My setup is that I have the cam plugged-in at all times so that I do not worry about dead battery issues. However, activity zone along with continuous charging do not go well together. The solution is either to disable the activity zone or to use a smart plug and schedule charging. Either way it is very annoying, especially when you get notified of every moving subject in absence of the activity zone.

I have been in contact with the technical team since the beginning but they simply couldn’t figure out and fix the issue. I still get requests like send us the log file or take a screen video replicating the issue. To this date, nobody was at least able to tell me if the issue is due to my cam or generic to the entire product line. I think it will take some time for the team to figure out that the issue is firmware related. If anyone thinks buying it and leaving plugged-in then reconsider it until issue is resolved.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Duru,

When you say the charger and activity zones don't behave well together, what behavior are you experiencing? Are you able to provide details?

JamesC

Duru
Tutor
Tutor

When plugged in, live view is not possible. You hit the play in the app, rotating circle shows up but it streams nothing like get stuck. Further, camera is on but captures nothing. Hence no notifications. This happens couple of minutes after each time plugged in to the charger. Hope this helps. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Duru,

I'm not able to reproduce this issue and I've not seen widespread complaints of this behavior. I encourage you to continue working with the support team to further investigate the issue.

JamesC

Duru
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

Thanks for your swift response. Good to know that there are no widespread complaints about the issue. So the issue is related to my product. This means that I do not need to test anymore. I would like to have my product replaced. The technical team may perform all sorts of tests professionally, right?

RebelPeacock
Star
Star

James,

Can you give a little more detail about the differences between an Ultra2 and the Pro5s please? Beyond 4K/2K and direct WiFi connectivity what is the difference? What do you mean by 12X Zoom on the Pro5S? Is that Optical Zoom or digital zoom? How does this differ from the Ultra2?

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you looked at https://www.arlo.com/en-us/cameras to see the differences and specs? The zoom level is always digital - there's no optical zoom which would be great but costly.

Thenerd
Star
Star

My pro 5 camera won’t pair to the keypad and árlos article on trouble shooting it says to tune on and off the secure link but there’s no option it just says pair. Yes it’s in the same network both devices are connected to the internet as well please help 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thenerd,

You must first have your Pro 5 camera onboarded and synced directly to your Wi-Fi network. Afterward, log in to the Arlo Secure mobile app and navigate to Settings (Blue person icon in the top left) > Locations and Plans (your location) > Devices > select your Pro 5 camera > SecureLink Connection > Pair

If the device can be found, it should then pair to the keypad. If you're having trouble, you might need to temporarily move the camera closer to the keypad to complete the process.

JamesC

Thenerd
Star
Star

Yes I’ve done that and it says try again and I’m litter ally sitting in front of the keypad with the camera I’ve done a desert on both keypad and camera as well it’s in he same internet connection and still doesn’t connect to secure link 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thenerd,

Try removing the Pro 5 and re-onboarding. This can be done by navigating to Settings > Locations and Plans > Devices > Pro 5 > select Pro 5 Camera > remove device. This should automatically factory reset the camera.

After adding the camera back to your account, attempt the steps above again to sync to SecureLink.

JamesC

Thenerd
Star
Star

Thank I will try this once I get home from work. Also does it matter if the back up battery cellular is connected to the keypad? 

Thenerd
Star
Star

IMG_3926.png

Hi James 

It Still doesn’t work 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thenerd,

Are you able to verify the serial number of the camera you're trying to sync to SecureLink?

JamesC

Thenerd
Star
Star
  • Can you email me got off the phone tech support with no help n but to tell me to change the channel wifi on my erró which makes no sense when I’m trying to do a sexy re link and eveything is already connected to my internet 
Thenerd
Star
Star

Removed keypad from my account and pro 5 camera and connected and synced eveything and still won’t pair to the keypad. 
When I click pair keypad beeps twice camera is flashing blue then flashes amber twice then get the failed message like the screenshot I posted 

couldn’t ben the single strength of the back up battery anencephaly cellular that’s connected to the keypad?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thenerd,

I'm looking into this with the development team currently. I've escalated the details of your support case and the information provided here. I will post an update once I know more.

JamesC

Thenerd
Star
Star

Thank you…. Do you think it has to do with the back up battery and cellular connected to the keypad or it doesn’t matter? 

But so you know everything is connected to my internet no issue there the issue is pairing to the keypad with my pro 5 camera and went through all the troubleshooting steps from removing devices and adding them back. 

Sorry if I’m repeating myself just want to make sure it’s clear and understand my post. Thanks again and hope you update me soon