Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jonathanw55
Guide
Guide

Does the Pro 5S have Homekit support?  If so, what is required? 

Due to the EOL policy, I upgraded a couple of original Pro cameras and got the latest and greatest Pro 5S.  I currently have a couple of Pro 3 cameras and an Essential Indoor camera tied to my Apple Homekit.  However, I can't seem to get Homekit to recognize my Pro 5S. 

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware to allow for AVD2001 and Pro 5S2K HomeKit integration is still in slow rollout. They delays have been due to issues that were discovered early in the slow rollout phase that are currently being resolved by the development team. We expect the firmware to be available to all users soon but I do not have a date available at this time. I will provide another update here on the community once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware that will allow HomeKit compatibility for Pro 5S 2K and Arlo Wire-Free Video Doorbells is still in slow rollout, so not all users have the firmware yet. We expect this firmware to be available to everyone very soon. I will continue to provide updates as soon as I have more information to share.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We understand HomeKit integration for AVD2001 (Wire-free video doorbell) and Pro 5S 2K is a highly anticipated post-release feature for many Arlo customers. We expect HomeKit integration for both AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras to be available before the end of 2023. I will provide an update here on the community as we receive more information.

Thanks,

JamesC

90 REPLIES 90
lgillet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought my cameras on the promise of Homekit support by the end of 2023. This is not the case and we have no date. This is false advertising (punishable in Europe - by the way) and I will ask for a refund. Very very bad experience - I will not hesitate to NOT recommend Arlo.

Mflocks
Star
Star

Arlo has a new fairy tail that the firmware is in “slow rollout” well it’s really slow that’s for sure. They are 14 months behind on their promise and my guess this “slow rollout” is just a slow roll and complete BS. They have been lying about availability forever. Buy different cameras, there is no HomeKit support 

MKwas9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today is JANUARY 28th, 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Still no Apple HomeKit integration but a "slow roll out". This is beyond ridiculous.  No one can even explain what the issues are for Arlo.  Product cycles are so quick that these cameras are almost out dated already.  

AND if they even do "roll out" HomeKit compatibility, I am getting the impression you'll have to have an expensive Base Station.  

I want to like Arlo but they are making it very difficult.  As this point I regret buying the product.  

FreddyZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got a refund ages ago. Super happy with my decision. Will wait for someone else to enter the field.

evenaga
Guide
Guide

February 4 and we are still waiting for the “slow rollout” of HomeKit compatibility for the Pro5S. This is not acceptable in a leading company. By the way, the Google Nest cameras look and work well... I think I'll have to change

Mflocks
Star
Star

All Arlo is doing is continuing the lie. There is no slow roll out. I’m certain people would be in the forum saying how good it worked if this latest fairytale was true.  They have lied and misrepresented for over a year. 

Canadensis
Star
Star

Wow! When did Google cams get HomeKit support!? I can’t find anything about this online, are you sure?

PandaWAPS
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC , can you elaborate what is "slow roll out is"? Are you the Platform owner? 

evenaga
Guide
Guide

I'm sorry, I think you didn't understand me. I have also not gotten HomeKit support with Google cameras. I just wanted to say that I have 3 Arlo cameras and a Google one, and the Google one works great. If you don't get HomeKit support with the Pro5, I'll sell them and buy Google. Sorry if I have caused any inadvertent errors, I'm sorry.

Mflocks
Star
Star

These are Arlo’s words not mine. Look back in the comments some person from Arlo made that statement. 

MKwas9
Aspirant
Aspirant

To my knowledge Nest and Google Home products are not HomeKit compatible.  

There is a work around.  I have bought and used the Starling bridge to allow my legacy Nest Products into Apple's HomeKit and it works great.  

Maybe Starling could add Arlo into HomeKit support?!

r-mark
Aspirant
Aspirant

All, community and arlo staff.  What is the status on Homekit for the Arlo Pro 5s 2k.  I have been going through some very un pleasent setup issues, and although over that hurtle, I just sat to setup home kit.  Is it indeed not ready yet?  I need to know, because, although I have used arlo since start, it may be the final breaker.  I don't want that.  Please tell me good news, and something is false on the comments.  Thank you

lgillet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear community,

I believe the only way for Arlo to listen to us is to express our anger not here, but on the sales platforms. I just gave it a 1-star rating on Amazon because the product doesn't meet the promise. I invite you to do the same.

JimBT
Aspirant
Aspirant

What’s really interesting is that my 5S cams have received a firmware update since the last post by the Arlo employee indicating there would be a slow rollout.  I thought for sure that would be it but even after removing the base station and re adding it to HomeKit they still aren’t showing up. 

Canadensis
Star
Star

I don’t think the cameras connect directly to HomeKit. My impression is that it is the base station that needs the firmware update, not the cameras. 

JimBT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, I hear you on that. Thought it was worth a try though as I have other cameras connected to this base station that are currently on HomeKit. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While we expect this firmware to be available soon, it is not yet available for all users. Once we have more information available on when the firmware will be available, I will provide an update here on the community.

JamesC

JimBT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will we have to remove and re-add our base stations to HomeKit or will the cameras just show up if it’s already set up for other camera models (Pro 4, Ultra 2, etc)?

jonathanw55
Guide
Guide

Finally!  I checked this morning and my Arlo Pro5S has now appeared on my HomeKit app.  I’ve had other cameras on HomeKit for a while now, but this one finally showed up.  I guess that firmware update was finally rolled out.

MKwas9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good news!  Do you have to have a BaseStation to connect with HomeKit?  

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

Unfortunately, you do need to have a base station to connect to HomeKit. Only way it works.

This is great news!

Canadensis
Star
Star

Hi Johnathon, congrats!

what country are you in? What firmware version is the app showing for your base station?

thanks,

C

Jgosselin
Star
Star

Good to hear but i havent seen anything yet… what is the firmware version of the base station and what is the model number of the basestation. I have the VMB5000r6 and my firmware is 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3

evenaga
Guide
Guide

Good night. Could you give us more information? Have you had to update the camera, the base station, both or none? Have you had to remove the HomeKit pro5 camera and add it again or has the process been automatic? Thank you

QuintusPre
Luminary
Luminary

Hey @jonathanw55 , you can’t leave us hanging. We need more information on firmware and hardware that you are using.