Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does the Pro 5S have Homekit support?

Discussion stats
jonathanw55
Guide
Guide

Does the Pro 5S have Homekit support?  If so, what is required? 

Due to the EOL policy, I upgraded a couple of original Pro cameras and got the latest and greatest Pro 5S.  I currently have a couple of Pro 3 cameras and an Essential Indoor camera tied to my Apple Homekit.  However, I can't seem to get Homekit to recognize my Pro 5S. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jonathanw55
Guide
Guide

Finally!  I checked this morning and my Arlo Pro5S has now appeared on my HomeKit app.  I’ve had other cameras on HomeKit for a while now, but this one finally showed up.  I guess that firmware update was finally rolled out.

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware to allow for AVD2001 and Pro 5S2K HomeKit integration is still in slow rollout. They delays have been due to issues that were discovered early in the slow rollout phase that are currently being resolved by the development team. We expect the firmware to be available to all users soon but I do not have a date available at this time. I will provide another update here on the community once I have more information available to share.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Base Station/SmartHub firmware that will allow HomeKit compatibility for Pro 5S 2K and Arlo Wire-Free Video Doorbells is still in slow rollout, so not all users have the firmware yet. We expect this firmware to be available to everyone very soon. I will continue to provide updates as soon as I have more information to share.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We understand HomeKit integration for AVD2001 (Wire-free video doorbell) and Pro 5S 2K is a highly anticipated post-release feature for many Arlo customers. We expect HomeKit integration for both AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras to be available before the end of 2023. I will provide an update here on the community as we receive more information.

Thanks,

JamesC

90 REPLIES 90
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While we do plan to include HomeKit support for Pro 5 cameras in a future release, I do not have a date for that release at this time. Once more information is available, an announcement will be made.

JamesC

AndreaBBB
Guide
Guide

We got the exact same answer back in Nov 2022, 9 months ago. Having a plan to do something doesn't mean it will ever happen. Moreover, the support was already built into all the other cameras, it has been removed by purpose.

Kerbray
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @JamesC,

You've provided similar comments for the Arlo Wireless doorbell, which is now coming up to 2 years on similar threads.

Just checking whether this is indeed true, or simply another misleading statement from Arlo representatives which in turn has misled customers?

Homekit integration was the main reason for me upgrading to the Arlo Pro 5, and I want to ensure I can return these if Homekit is not planned for arrival in the next 6 months.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand HomeKit integration for AVD2001 (Wire-free video doorbell) and Pro 5S 2K is a highly anticipated post-release feature for many Arlo customers. We expect HomeKit integration for both AVD2001 and Pro 5S 2K cameras to be available before the end of 2023. I will provide an update here on the community as we receive more information.

Thanks,

JamesC

Mflocks
Star
Star

So your press release A YEAR AGO! Said the same thing. You sold people cameras with the belief HomeKit support would be “early 23”.  I would say you duped a lot of people. Concrete timelines are owed to your customers who you have mislead if I’m being nice. DO NOT BUY THESE PRO 5S cameras. Pro 4 cheaper and works with HomeKit. 

MKwas9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a Pro 5S 2K (& Go2) camera to slowly move my home monitoring system from Nest after Google made a mess of a great product.  I am very frustrated that the Pro 5S (& Go 2) do not have CVR or are compatible with Apple's HomeKit.  I think I read (at purchase) those features would be available late summer or fall 2023.  Yet here we are in November and no one at Arlo has any idea when (or if) those features will become available.  

Does anyone have any insight?  Is there a timeline to roll out those features?  Or is it not going to happen?  

Thank you

Mflocks
Star
Star

They have been saying coming soon for over 1 year FYI. Last November when the 5s was released they said the same thing. “HomeKit integration coming soon” yeah well NOTHING to date

Jgosselin
Star
Star

Hello,

We are almost end of 2023 and still no update as to when pro5 will be available on homekit. By the time it will be available on homekit, there might be better camera out there so please allow us to enjoy our cameras. 

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

So what's the status on homekit ability for the 5s. It's the end of  2023 already!! smh 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HomeKit support for Arlo Pro 5S 2K cameras is currently slated for release in December. This will be made available via firmware update. An announcement will be made here on the community once the firmware is available.

JamesC

Jgosselin
Star
Star

Thank you for the quick response. I had to deal with customer service recently and i was very happy of the service resolution i received. Appreciated 

MesjaTecrae
Initiate
Initiate

It's December now, I bought 2xNew Arlo Pro 5s last week, because one of my old Ultras - was stolen. 

I realised when trying to add the 5S camera to HomeKit, that it was no longer possible and was actually incompatible. I was actually dependent on the original Ultra on the camera for automating actions through HomeKit. 

Which firmware version now supports (going to support) HomeKit for the Arlo Pro 5S?

jonathanw55
Guide
Guide

No luck yet.  I was the original poster of this topic and have yet to be given a straight answer from Arlo.  I’m very disappointed and feel like I wasted my money on the latest and greatest.  You’d think that the newest camera in the Arlo family would at least have the capabilities that the previous versions have.

Mflocks
Star
Star

AMEN to that, it is an absolute joke that a new camera comes out that doesn't have the old technology incorporated.  On top of that it's been over a year.  A JOKE AT BEST

Canadensis
Star
Star

Excellent! That is very good news 😃

Canadensis
Star
Star

Why did you buy a product that didn't do what you needed it to do? I'm not really seeing how Arlo is the the bad guy here?

jonathanw55
Guide
Guide

I mistakenly read that it was available for the Pro5S.  Knowing that HomeKit access was available for every other Arlo product lead me to believe that what I had read was true.  What is most disappointing with Arlo is that we have seen on multiple occasions that the ability would be available.  Each of those months have passed.  If you look at earlier posts in this thread, an Arlo rep last stated that Dec ‘23 would provide the availability.  That was stated months ago.  Dec ‘23 is half over now with no changes so far.  I believe that all we ask for is to be upfront and honest.  As a very long time and dedicated customer, I feel that I’m owed that.

Canadensis
Star
Star

The current firmware table lists a newer firmware version than my app lists, but the app says no update is available. The following firmware is listed in the table and is newer than on my cameras. What do I do?

1.040.28.7_93_caa9491” 
Canadensis
Star
Star

Will the HomeKit firmware update be to the camera or to the base station?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Canadensis wrote:

Will the HomeKit firmware update be to the camera or to the base station?

No idea.  Possibly both.

GGJJH00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Following thread. Just got the total security system and didn’t see there was no homekit support. Have not opened them yet. 

Jgosselin
Star
Star

Very disapointed… We are literally 6 days before christmas and still have no connection to my homekit. I understand the cameras are working with Arlo App but i dont think we are really considering our opinion here. I do have 12 cameras, which includes 3 x 5s, but 3 are missing from my homekit the app i use for my home automation. On top of that, tonight my Arlo spolight 3 stopped working. Im really wondering if i should consider buying a different brand moving forward. 12 cameras at 250$ each, its 3000$ CAD invested in your company and im paying a yearly fee as well. Please update your firmware, much appreciated!!!

Mflocks
Star
Star

Still waiting. A year and a month later after the release and complete deception about the HomeKit release firmware update 

Mflocks
Star
Star

So?????