Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Tallj
Tutor
Tutor

On the web it says that I can add my own modes. However, I've just got the basic three - home, away, standby. There is no "+" symbol on the app.

1) Should there be a '+' symbol in the app when I look at the modes?

2) Nor can I can't find my devices when log into my.arlo - are they supposed to be there?

All I see on my.arlo is a load of stuff about my subscription and nothing about my setup at all - other that the location.  

I am getting increasingly annoyed at how hard this product is to configure 😞

many thanks if you can help me with any of the two questions above.

John. 

9 REPLIES 9
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Unfortunately the pro5 doesn’t facilitate the use of custom modes.

If you’re using a Apple mobile product with a web browser you can’t access the my.arlo.com site to show your devices, you need to use a desktop web browser instead.

Tallj
Tutor
Tutor

Hmm, I don't get it - modes are one level above individual cameras. 

I'm in the app, I click on "routines"->modes but there is no "add mode". There is a "+" but it only allows me to add automations.

What I want is to turn one of my two cameras off entirely during the day and then bring it on at night. I "think" the way I could do this is to add a new mode that only has one of the cameras in it (does that mean the other one is off or just doesn't send notifications??). I don't alter the current home/away/standby modes as they are also useful.

But automations don't allow me to completely turn a camera on or off - they only allow me to change its characteristics - including mode of course, which I can't figure out if they do what I need 😞

Any ideas on how I can do what I need?

(btw- I wasn't in the right piece of my.arlo so I got there now - thanks !)

many thanks !
John.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I will not be getting a pro5 or a security system for the same reason, don’t want to loose my custom modes.

If you’re smart enough to understand the new experiment take a look at the article below.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@DannyBearAgain wrote:

I will not be getting a pro5 or a security system for the same reason, don’t want to loose my custom modes.

That's only delaying the inevitable. I understand wanting/needing your custom modes but someday, perhaps soon, it'll be a moot point.

For the OP, though, the new user interface that uses Feed to view videos is based around the new security system which only supports 3 modes via the keypad. I would think that there could be a software workaround that would allow cameras to access more modes as long as the security system is somehow left out but that's beyond our paygrade.

Nicholasdvps
Aspirant
Aspirant

i wish I could add a mode as well, or if they would just add a 4 mode option at all.

Johnp317
Initiate
Initiate

I want a mode that'll record the cameras when someone is working on my house without sending notifications (like Arm Away minus notifications). That way, I can review the videos later.  I could do that with the custom modes before. How do I do it now?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnp317 wrote:

I want a mode that'll record the cameras when someone is working on my house without sending notifications (like Arm Away minus notifications). That way, I can review the videos later.  I could do that with the custom modes before. How do I do it now?

One option is to just mute the notifications in the app during the work.

The other is to manually edit Arm Home or Arm Standby and set it up to record w/o notifications.  

Johnp317
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks.  I still want my custom modes back.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnp317 wrote:

I still want my custom modes back.

There are a lot of scenarios where they are needed, so hopefully Arlo will put them back.