Camera won't connect

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
al17
Follower
Follower

hello, i have gotten a arlo Pro 5S 2K spotlight camera kit of three cameras.    one camera has connected.    the other two won’t connect at all.   i have tried so many different things nothing is working.     i insert a battery, the blinking blue light doesn’t come on, so i press the sync button.   blue blinking light comes on.   i scan the QR code.    so now my app is looking for cameras, and then my blue light turns off completely and says no cameras can be found 

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try holding down sync until the camera flashes amber 3x (about 15 seconds).  When it switches to blue, try "add device" again.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have tried multiple times to get my 5s cameras to connect to the WiFi both on android and iOS nothing working it will chime I click

continue and it won’t find my cameras.  What a waste of 599.99

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I have tried multiple times to get my 5s cameras to connect to the WiFi both on android and iOS nothing working it will chime I click

continue and it won’t find my cameras.  What a waste of 599.99

Did you try the reset (holding down sync until the camera LED flashes amber)?

Also, I suggest you also try a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com).

The WiFi should be set to use WPA2 (AES) encryption.  If you are using unusual characters (accents) or punctuation in the network name or password, then try removing those.

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

I have this issue too.  Just trying to change the wifi network to a new one-  none of the Pro 5 cameras will connect - they won't even blink blue.  Have tried everything, hard reset, batteries out, remove camea and re-add, app, browser - what a waste of time and $$.  Anyone have any ideas?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Tastebuddy 

It looks like your two Pro cameras are currently online. Are these the ones you're referring to?

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

The only way I could get them to connect was to connect them to a hub, they would not connect directly to the wi-fi. And that is not what I want. They do not have a strong signal because they are not connecting to the router , and subsequently not connecting to the mesh satellite that is closest to where they are. I do not want them to connect to a hub. I want them to connect to the router directly

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tastebuddy I see, so you're using a mesh network. Have you tried setting your handheld device to a dedicated 2.4 GHz band for installation purposes?

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

Sigh.  Yes.  I've tried that maybe, 15 or 20 times? Hours and hours.  I unplugged the satellite units as well so I could only connect to the base router. 

Tastebuddy
Guide
Guide

Further.... the two Pro 5 Sk that had to be connected to the base station because that was the only way... videos from last night and this morning are buffered and blurry, so worthless.  I need to be able to connect this to the network directly, as they were intended.  Please advise.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tastebuddy 

Thank you for all the details. I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out as soon as possible. You can find your escalation number here: 44118555