Arlo secure app update

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
uvabob1
Follower
Follower

We have several different arlo cameras and a base hub.  I have always synced my cameras to the hub with no problem.  I just purchased some Pro 5S 2K cameras and tried to sync them.  I got a message that I needed to update the app and I agreed.  I now have an updated app but it does not recognize any of my cameras.  It says to add cameras, base hub etc but the app does not find them.

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

When you upgraded your app after adding the Pro 5 this may have caused the shared cameras on your account to be unviewable. The admin account for those shared cameras needs to be upgraded the same way. You can do this by onboarding a Pro 5 on the account that is on the previous firmware and it will automatically kick in the new firmware. 

TreasureB
Apprentice
Apprentice

that response makes absolutely no sense to me. Detailed steps to do whatever this means, please

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If one user is showing feed and one is showing library the shared cameras will not be visible. Both accounts will need to be on feed. To get feed on the other device you can start onboarding a Pro 5 (even if you do not have one) and it will kick the newest firmware into gear. That way both accounts will show feed.