Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jtp264
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 of the Arlo pro 2 cameras with free cloud storage. I would like to try the Arlo pro 5s ( since the EOL for Arlo pro 2 is January 2025.)  So can I have all five pro 2 and one pro 5s on my account? Would I lose the free cloud storage on the 5? Note: if I like the pro 5s then I would probably switch out the pro 2 and get the pro 5s with subscription. 

thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jtp264 wrote:

I have 5 of the Arlo pro 2 cameras with free cloud storage. I would like to try the Arlo pro 5s ( since the EOL for Arlo pro 2 is January 2025.)  So can I have all five pro 2 and one pro 5s on my account? Would I lose the free cloud storage on the 5?

The free cloud storage is limited to accounts with 5 or fewer unsubscribed cameras.  So you would lose the cloud storage on all cameras when the Pro 5s trial subscription ends (30 days).  You can of course remove it from your account at that point - or get at least a single-camera subscription.

Jtp264
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for replying.

so I can keep the 5 arlo pro 2 with free cloud storage as long as I get a subscription for the Arlo pro 5s?

are they separate accounts?

what do you and everyone think about the Arlo pro 5s2k?

thank you for your help

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jtp264 wrote:

so I can keep the 5 arlo pro 2 with free cloud storage as long as I get a subscription for the Arlo pro 5s?

are they separate accounts?

You can put them in the same account.  But you will end up migrated to the new user interface (showing "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead of "Library").  "Feed" has no custom modes, and you can't get the combination of geofencing+scheduling to work correctly.

So if you use custom modes and geofencing+scheduling, then you might consider delaying your purchase, or using a different account to check out the Pro 5s.  (Note you can't use the "friend" account feature if one account is on "Library" and the other on "Feed").

@Jtp264 wrote:

what do you and everyone think about the Arlo pro 5s2k?

It's worked well for me, but the overall reaction from the community is a bit mixed. The bugs in "Feed" also do factor into people's feedback, since the Pro 5s and Gen 2 Essential cameras both migrate the account to "Feed".

Some have found that it starts saving snapshots instead of video (which is a low-power mode that it seems to be moving into too aggressively).   Though I haven't run into that myself.

Others will likely chime in with their experience.

Jtp264
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.

thank you for your help again.

It is starting to get overwhelming and confusing for me. I wish the Arlo pro 2 didn’t have an end of life.

i really appreciate your help.

jane

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jtp264 wrote:

I wish the Arlo pro 2 didn’t have an end of life.

The cameras won't stop working on the EOL date, so you can just continue to use them.