Arlo Pro5s battery life

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Pat73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running a 3 years old Essential wire-free video doorbell and a newer Pro5S. Prior to the Pro5S I had an older version of a cam which worked fine for years. All of a sudden the battery of the older one was empty after one week, so I thought maybe a battery problem and I bought another battery…same problem.

So I thought maybe the cam is too old and I bought the Pro5S.

Unfortunately the same problem. The old doorbell battery works for months, the Pro5S is empty after one week. I tried all the possible settings, no improvement, changed to distance to the router, no change. And the doorbell has much more alarms than the 5s in the garden.

I use both of them directly connected via wifi to the router. I must say that when not using wifi, we switch the wifi off on the router. I thought maybe this is the reason that the 5S tries to contact the router constantly even when I use the standby mode in the app? But what makes me wonder is: why does the doorbell not have this problem and why did this work for a long time the way we use it with the older cam and then started causing the problem from one day to another and still persists even with a brand new cam?

Thank you very much!

Pat

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the doorbell connected to your existing wiring which would continue to charge the battery?

Pat73
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, the doorbellcam is not wired to the existing doorbell, battery and wifi only

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Pat73 wrote:

I must say that when not using wifi, we switch the wifi off on the router.

Best not to do that with the security cameras.

Pat73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes we have other reasons to do that, we do not need the cams all the time because we have other security features. But this still does not solve my problem because with the old cam this worked fine for a long time and with the doorbell too.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact