Pro 5S 2K app and manual

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BGL24
Follower
Follower
I recently purchased and had Pro 5S 2K cameras installed.  I downloaded the Arlo app and printed a copy of the user's manual.  The problem I'm having is that the app and manual don't sync.  In other words, the manual says to go to a specific command on the app, but that command doesn't exist.  

For example, on page 18 of the manual pertaining to Lower Power Mode, it says to Tap the Menu icon ...  There is no "Menu" or "..." on the app.  It is the gear icon that has to be tapped.
A second example.  On page 40, Change motion sensitivity, step 5 says to Select Motion > Motion Detection Sensitivity.  These commands do not appear on the app.  It is Select Default Mode Settings > Motion Detection.
There are other examples, but you get the picture.

My question is, can either the app or the manual be updated so they sync and so the instructions in the manual can actually be found on the app?
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I did a quick Google search on "arlo pro5s manual" and came up with this one that refers to the user interface you're using:

https://downloads.arlo.com/en-us/support/docs/arlopro5/202-50038-01_Pro5_UM_2dec2022.pdf

The same one shows if I go to the Pro 5 support page and get the user documentation from there.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I did a quick Google search on "arlo pro5s manual" and came up with this one that refers to the user interface you're using:

https://downloads.arlo.com/en-us/support/docs/arlopro5/202-50038-01_Pro5_UM_2dec2022.pdf

The same one shows if I go to the Pro 5 support page and get the user documentation from there.

Yes, and it does contain the errors that @BGL24 talks about.  It would be good if it got updated.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, it is being looked into. 

JDK2
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app doesn't match the current hardware either. It calls for the use of buttons that don't exist. And then the User Manual still doesn't match and it is written like one must install a base station when all the sales literature says that it isn't required. ARLO really needs to get its act together.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It is being looked into.