Arlo Ultra 2 get no notification and no recordings

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
PeterOl
Aspirant
Aspirant

install 4 Ultra2 and have been working good until recent. 
The customer dont get any notifcations no and no recordings and can not see nothing in history. 
Customer have not any subscription , but they use SD card in Smart hub. 

Is this not working beacuase of no subscription?  What can we change to get customer her  notification and recordings 

Thanks 
//Peter

10 REPLIES 10
Hogster
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. My original Arlo cameras allowed for 30 of local storage without a subscription. I bought 2 new cameras and without a subscription their videos are no longer locally stored. Very disappointed and may toss the whole system and look for one that treats customers fairly.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PeterOl wrote:

install 4 Ultra2 and have been working good until recent. 
The customer dont get any notifcations no and no recordings and can not see nothing in history. 
Customer have not any subscription , but they use SD card in Smart hub. 

Is this not working beacuase of no subscription?  

Local storage doesn't require a subscription.

Does the customer see "Library" in the app?  Or do they see "Dashboard" and "Feed" instead?

Have they ejected the storage from the app, and then connected the storage to a PC?  Then checked the storage for recordings?  That would help sort out if this is a recording problem or a playback problem.

PeterOl
Aspirant
Aspirant

They can see live feed and dashboard.  She is using only webbrowser and no app.  But i also checked in app on her Tablett but nothing. And there is no dates in calender to check back.
I will try to put the memory card out from baseunit and check that. 
Should u be able to see the recordings on meory card in app without subscription ? 

Tanks
// Peter 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PeterOl wrote:

They can see live feed and dashboard.  She is using only webbrowser and no app.  

Local storage is only available in the app - not my.arlo.com.  So if she wants to use the browser she will need a subscription.

Also, in order to see them with "Feed" you need to select the base and then local storage.  Are you looking there?

PeterOl
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is how it looks when the customer is logged in,  yesterday they test with cameras (23/5) bu no notifications in history is visible. This is from webportal not from tha app. 
But i will try to use the app instead and see if that can help 
marie.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You MUST use the app to view local recordings. The web client does not support that view.

Hogster
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here is my problem. My old cameras recorded into the Library of the phone app and stayed there for 1 month. When I bought 2 newer cameras I expected the same performance. I was required to update my phone app which now has a Feed file. All cameras saved into the Feed file until the free trail period was up then only my old cameras continued to save to the feed file but the new cameras no longer save the recordings. I found out that to have the recordings of the new cameras saved I would have to sign up for a monthly subscription. I consider this a total rip off of corporate greed with no regard for the customer. Since I never save the recordings more than a day or two I have no need for cloud storage. I did install a local USB storage into my Hub but that is a big hassle just to see the recordings from the new cameras. I think the new cameras should save to the phone app just my my old cameras have continued to do without the need to be paying extra for something I will never use. I have recommended Arlo in the past but will not continue to do so.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hogster wrote:

My old cameras recorded into the Library of the phone app and stayed there for 1 month. When I bought 2 newer cameras I expected the same performance. I was required to update my phone app which now has a Feed file. All cameras saved into the Feed file until the free trail period was up then only my old cameras continued to save to the feed file but the new cameras no longer save the recordings.

Legacy cameras have 7 day retention for the free cloud storage.  30 days has always required a subscription.

While I get your expectation and understand your disappointment, Arlo stopped offering free cloud storage on new camera models back in 2018, so this is not a new change (and not related to "Feed").

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Sorry, but you need to be more precise. While this is not a new change, it's how the local storage storage is accessed that's new in the Feed user experience - one has to go to Devices > Smarthub > Storage settings. This is an important point.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edinburgh_lad1 wrote:

Sorry, but you need to be more precise. While this is not a new change, it's how the local storage storage is accessed that's new in the Feed user experience - one has to go to Devices > Smarthub > Storage settings. This is an important point.

That was already in the discussion thread (post 5 reply to @PeterOl ).  And of course you are presuming a smarthub.

Since @Hogster  wasn't using local storage with the old cameras, the base is almost certainly a VMB4000 or a VMB4500 (since the old cameras must be legacy models).  So probably not a VMB4540 or VMB5000, and therefore no direct access to local storage.