Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 5S non-stop audio recordings

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
warpedale
Follower
Follower

I have a couple Pro5S cameras installed at my father's home in France.  One of the cameras has continually recorded Audio every few minutes.  I've disabled the microphone and audio on the camera but it continues to record and has been draining the battery even with the Arlo solar panel powering it.  I've reset the camera several times and that has worked for a little while but the camera eventually starts recording again.  Though I've disabled Audio notifications, I'm worried it will eventually run out of power in the next few weeks.  

2 REPLIES 2
FranklinRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you tried adjusting the motion sensitivity?  Sometimes this also can cause an issue with audio recording.  I've noticed with my cameras when i turn audio detection off i still need to adjust the motion some.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062889/How-do-I-enable-or-disable-motion-or-sound-detection-on-my-Arlo-device...

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@warpedale wrote:

I have a couple Pro5S cameras installed at my father's home in France.  One of the cameras has continually recorded Audio every few minutes.  I've disabled the microphone and audio on the camera but it continues to record and has been draining the battery even with the Arlo solar panel powering it.

You need to turn off audio detection in the camera rule(s).  Turning off the mic prevents audio from being captured, but it doesn't affect audio triggering.  Information on how to modify the camera rules is here:

Also, check the smart notification settings, and make sure that Smoke/CO Alarm alerts are off.  There have been issues with audio alerts in the past when these are enabled.  (The Pro 5s doesn't have a smoke/CO sensor, it is listening for the chirp of a nearby smoke detector).