Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
rafitus
Tutor
Tutor

I have bought four new Arlo Pro 5S 2K cameras and all of them have 5-20 secs lag when live streaming. I don't use base station, they are directly connected to WiFi.
I have checked these KBs:
- https://kb.arlo.com/000062742/My-Arlo-camera-has-delay-or-lag-when-live-streaming-how-can-I-troubles...
- https://kb.arlo.com/000062226/How-to-troubleshoot-Arlo-camera-live-streaming-issues
and I have also checked other Arlo community discussions but the issue persists
- Internet Ok
- Internet speed ok
- Local LAN ok
- Wifi 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz ok
- Cameras reset ok
It happens using mobile app (iOS and Android) and web app (using Chrome, Edge and Firefox).

I need a solution to this issue.

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rafitus 

Thanks for the inquiry. Is this a new occurrence?

Arlo cameras use the internet to initiate live streaming and communicate with the servers. There will be a small delay in connection while initiating a live stream due to being Internet based devices. Please let me know if you have any other questions.  

rafitus
Tutor
Tutor

Hi!

You do not mention this important detail anywhere in your publications and notices. This is not a minor piece of information; on the contrary, it is very important! A 20-second lag is not a "small delay."
Had I known this beforehand, I would have purchased from another brand that does not have this issue. This lack of information is a scam against your customers.
And your response to my incident is not a solution. I am very disappointed with your product.

I want my money back!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rafitus 

You mention a 5-20 second delay. 5-10 I would consider normal, I see this as well. Are you regularly seeing 20 seconds? Does this always occur when live streaming since you installed the devices? There are several factors that can cause delays in live streaming, the main factors are low bandwidth and Wi-Fi interference. 

What are you IP speeds?

Thanks

rafitus
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, regularly there is a 20-25 second delay. I remember only 2 times when it was 5 seconds, and it is always above 15 seconds.

Yes, this always occurs when live streaming since I installed the four devices. All of them have the same issue.

My internet speed is 500Mbps symmetrical (tested with Speedtest, nPerf, and others), and my local Wi-Fi LAN uses 5GHz connections.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rafitus wrote:

and my local Wi-Fi LAN uses 5GHz connections.

While 5Ghz offers higher speeds when close to the router, 2.4 Ghz has more range (so higher speeds at distance).

Did you try testing the internet+wifi speed using your phone at the camera location(s)?  You can use the Ookla speedtest.net app for this - disabling mobile data to make sure you aren't measuring your mobile data speed.

rafitus
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I did all the tests. I tried with 2.4GHz and 5GHz, I used speed test by Ookla, nPerf and others, and all with great results, using mobile phones and laptops.

rafitus
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I did all the tests. I tried with 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I have used speed tests by Ookla, nPerf, and others, all with great results, using mobile phones and laptops. 500Mbps symmetrical speed. I can watch 4k movies from online streaming but can't see live streaming from the Arlo Pro 5S 2K? It's not an Internet issue.

I need a solution or my money back. I prefer a solution.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rafitus wrote:

Yes, I did all the tests. 

I was asking specifically if you measured the wifi speed at the camera locations.

I am also wondering if you are talking about 

1. the time it takes before the camera starts livestreaming
  2. or the lag between what you see on your phone and what you see with your eyes.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rafitus 

I have escalated this for you and Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.