Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

My Expensive 5S captures car coming up a driveway but movement is always in short jerky motions, kind of start stop movement. But my inexpensive and old Arlo Q mounted a few feet away but behind a window, always shows the cars movement on one fluid action. Car moves exactly as you would see it. Is there an adjustment that I can make on my 5S?

thanks, Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

Can try…thanks! Will close out this thread 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have Auto Zoom & Tracking enabled in the camera video settings? If not, this could be a signal strength/quality issue. What does the WiFi indicator show? Have you tried a different location for troubleshooting to see if that makes a difference?

Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, Auto Zoom and tracking is off. This camera sits outside about 3 feet from an indoor Arlo Q camera looking through a window. Both have the same view. Both are about 55’ to 60’ from Base station and two walls. Both signal bars are in the middle 🛜 yet the cars motion with the Q is perfectly smooth……Bill

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suppose the difference in resolution/data rate between cameras could be an issue. The distance to the Pro 5 could easily be causing the problem. If it's connected to WiFi, can you move a WiFi extender closer to teh camera, at least for testing?

Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

Can try…thanks! Will close out this thread