Arlo 5 2K won’t connect

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Cz1230
Aspirant
Aspirant

Changed wifi to 2.4 went through the prompts, chime worked. Gets to the part where it searches for device and never finds it. Tried online on computer and mobile. Tried everything still doesn’t work. 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Cz1230
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can’t reset the device because their is no device to be found to reset. That’s my problem it won’t detect it at all. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cz1230 wrote:

Can’t reset the device 

Yes you can.  The critical step is removing the camera from the housing and then holding down the button for 15 seconds until the camera flashes amber.  So just skip the first step of removing the camera from the account.

scallanan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem setting up my girlfriend's 5S 2k cameras. I have about a dozen of these units and not one will connect. I have connected about 30 of the Pro4 cameras with little issue. These 5S units are junk. I now have to try and figure out how to return at least 10 of these cameras.

I spent hours on the phone with support. I've gone through the steps and have done the reset on 7 cameras multiple times today and not a single one connects.

I tried connecting via iPhone, iPhone with cellular off, desktop computer and even with one iphone connecting to the hotspot of another iPhone (support's last ditch attempt to get their product to work). No dice. After reset, the camera flashes amber, then blue, I get the chime on QR, then it makes audible click sound and the blue blinking stops and the camera cannot be found. Wasted half a day. Ridiculous. The whole batch is defective.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Was you able to get any of your Pro 5 to connect to girlfriends account?