Adding Pro 5S to Ultra Pro 4 syste,

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am adding one or two Pro 5S 2K cameras to an existing system with 6 Pro 4 cameras already installed and operating.  This system currently has 2 Arlo Hubs (3 cameras on each).  I have encountered 2 issues ...

1) I wanted to add the first Pro 5S to Hub 2, but they would not sync.  It did sync with Hub 1.  Both hubs located together, camera not 5 feet from either.  Did full reset on camera 3 times. Curious why one hub and not the other.  Both have latest firmware.

2) More serious, the Dashboard display will only display the 6 Pro 4 cameras, while the Devices display shows both the Pro 4 and Pro 5S models.  Same situation on both PC and Cell app. Bug? Or is there an update to the app?
Thanks!
Lyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes indeed, I forgot that step.  Thanks for the reminder!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LNA_Lyn wrote:

2) More serious, the Dashboard display will only display the 6 Pro 4 cameras, while the Devices display shows both the Pro 4 and Pro 5S models.  Same situation on both PC and Cell app. Bug? Or is there an update to the app?

Did you add the widgets for the Pro 5 cameras to the dashboard? Or did you forget that step?

LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes indeed, I forgot that step.  Thanks for the reminder!

LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

The first problem still remains - neither of the new cameras will link to Hub #2 - but they both connect to Hub #1`.  Again, that's not a huge problem in itself, but the problem that IS huge is that neither camera will trigger automatically.  I have ALL the same settings on all 8 cameras, it's only the two new Pro 5S units that don't work correctly.  And of course there is no "Feed" from them.

I can trigger them manually, and they do record.   But neither audio nor video motion will trigger them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What model is hub #2? 

Is the not recording issue only when connected to hub #1? Have you tried connecting to your WiFi instead for testing?

LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Smarthub #1 and #2 are the same - model VMB4540r3 and have the same firmware, v1.24.0.1_1528_8938370.
As I said, the new Pro 5S cameras do pair with Hub#1 but will not pair with Hub#2.
Even though paired with Hub#1, they will not auto-activate on either motion or sound (even though they are both set to do so).

Both cameras have been through the full reset process.

Ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd use Settings, Support to choose the camera and scroll down to Contacts to see what official support may offer. Be aware that they may want you to remove hub #2 from your account for starters so you should just go ahead and do that before they ask. It's also possible that they will want you to remove hub #1, too, but let's avoid that discussion.

Also, to be clear, even with the cameras connected to WiFi or hub #1, your settings show that you have a subscription that includes them, correct?

LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am contacting Support.

Yes, all cameras are included in my subscription.  For the two new cameras, it says:

"Secure Trial Active

Trial ends August 23, 2024"

Maybe they messed that up ... somehow.

LNA_Lyn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tech support came through for me, and all cameras are now recording.

We still have the issue with Hub #2, but we can work around that.

Thanks to the support team!

Lyn