Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SoFarThisSucks
Tutor
Tutor

They worked perfectly during the 3 month free trial period after install and set up by Best Buy geeks.  The moment I sign up for Arlo Secure service that all ended. A week now with nothing.  No recording, nothing in Feed, no notifications, but plenty of time wasted chatting in like super slow motion with support who, so far, have not been able to get anything to work.
I've removed battery from one camera to reboot.  Nothing.
I adjusted motion detection sensitivity.  Nothing.
I've deleted the App from my iPhone 13 premax and reopened it in the App Store. Nothing, no change.
Other projects are on hold and stacking up while I spend hour after hour trying to figure out what the simple little something that is askew, something that tells these cameras that I'm paying their creator monthly, so they can start working again before I see how far I can throw one.  They flit the hand nicely, and have good weight, I'm betting I can throw it as far as second plate to home, at least.
Any wagers?
Or ideas on what little switch has been overlooked?
Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SoFarThisSucks wrote:

They worked perfectly during the 3 month free trial period after install and set up by Best Buy geeks.  The moment I sign up for Arlo Secure service that all ended. A week now with nothing.  

Can you livestream the cameras?  If you can, are you able to make a manual recording?

SoFarThisSucks
Tutor
Tutor

I'm really happy to say I think they're working now.   Since it's almost 2:30am I won't know for sure until a opossum  (or it an opossum, the silent "o" confuses me on that one), comes through on his nightly rounds or I could step out to trip them myself if the possum fails to make it across the highway tonight.

I received an email from support with instructions to try removing the cameras from my account, reboot them and set them up in the account again and it worked.  They recorded the heck out of me mounting them again so I'm hopeful.

Is it possible for me to see what the cameras see on my Mac computer as well as on my iPhone?   I'm logged in to my.arlo.com now but all I see there is my profile and payment information.  Nothing jumps out that looks like access to the cameras.

An app would be nice to have on the computer that could be clicked to get to the cameras quickly rather than going through Safari or Chrome and the log in process, but I didn't see an app in the Apple App Store.

Thanks, and if the cameras are finally working, I reckon I'll need to change my user name to SafeAndSortaSound.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of a computer browser simply means going to https://my.arlo.com and using your correct login credentials. Your comment makes it sound like you've used Settings, Grant Access to a second email account. If so, use the same login credentials as you use for the app. You should see essentially the same thing as you would on the app.

You might also want to try a different browser to see if that makes a difference.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation