Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

impossible to monitor the cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rd357
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having trouble monitoring my cameras. My router is an ac2600 tplink, I have 500mb of hired fiber optic internet and my camera is very bad.

I set up a repeater with RJ cable to bring the base of the cameras closer, the signal between the cameras and the base is ok, as you can see in the photo. However the internet signal is horrible, the cameras are constantly charging.

the base rj port is gigabyte? I'm thinking of buying a repeater with a gigabyte rj-port to see if it solves my problem. But it costs about 80 dollars and I need 2 repeaters, I need an auxiliary base to get to all cameras, in the end I will spend almost 500 dollars more just because the arlo is of dubious quality.

does anyone have experience with arlo pro 4 connected directly to home wifi? doesn't it fluctuate a lot? do the cameras work normally? I will have to spend almost 500 dollars or connect the cameras via wifi and pay for a cloud subscription, but what about the wifi fluctuation?
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rd357 wrote:

the base rj port is gigabyte?

Not sure if it's gigabit or fast ethernet on the smarthubs.  Older hubs are fast ethernet.  Either way, gigabit or fast ethernet will both work, as the bandwidth requirement is well under 100 mb/s.

@rd357 wrote:

does anyone have experience with arlo pro 4 connected directly to home wifi? doesn't it fluctuate a lot? do the cameras work normally? I 

My own pro4 is connected to a base, but I did run it connected to my Orbi WiFi for a while.

It worked normally, though battery life was a bit less.  That's because the base wifi is tuned to minimize camera power requirements.  I don't know what you mean by fluctuate.  You do of course need a solid wifi path to the camera.

rd357
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am from Brazil and here arlo does not offer smart plans, connecting the cameras directly to the wifi would be more of a problem. So I bought a tp link deco m5 and spread it around the house, connected the arlo base to one of the devices and put high priority at 100mb / s. It was very good, it solved my problems.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation