arlo 4 new updates

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

the new updates Arlo have made are NOT good they are confusing    Please stop changing things that worked well. new and improved is NOT always better!!!!  How can I go back to my old view of my Arlo app, if I cant I may get rid of all 4 of my cameras,

5 REPLIES 5
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There is no way to revert back to the old user interface. However, if you have any questions on how to use the new one I would be more than happy to help. As well as if you post here in the forums there is a lot of great information and people to help you get used to the new user interface. 

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

where do I look on this new way to change what my camera motion picks up? ex person, animal, vehicle? My arlo 4 is now only picking up vehicles! Where do I change it.    My other cameras are now only picking up motion and not specific things person, animal etc... I pay $13 a month for this service and really am frustrated that it does not work well.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

where do I look on this new way to change what my camera motion picks up? ex person, animal, vehicle? My arlo 4 is now only picking up vehicles! Where do I change it.    My other cameras are now only picking up motion and not specific things person, animal etc... I pay $13 a month for this service and really am frustrated that it does not work well.

Do you mean they aren't recording?  Or that they are recording, but the tagging is broken?

Nanlee
Luminary
Luminary

where do I apply what my camera is seeing? animal, person or vehicles? I can not find where to do it, it was very easy to find before this new change! I could apply on my Arlo pro 4 and on my Arlo pro 2 cameras. Please tell me where to find.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nanlee wrote:

where do I apply what my camera is seeing? animal, person or vehicles? I can not find where to do it, it was very easy to find before this new change! I could apply on my Arlo pro 4 and on my Arlo pro 2 cameras. Please tell me where to find.

You set up smart notifications by

1. pressing the profile icon in the upper left of the screen
  2. pressing "Home" (or some other location you have configured)
  3. pressing "smart notifications" under plans
  4. selecting the camera

It is a really weird place to put it.  It would make more sense to put it in the camera settings in the "default mode settings" section.  Then later on enhance the sysem to let people override those settings for a specific mode.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation