Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Will Arlo Pro 4 work well viewing outside through a window vs installed outside?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jhhannah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm thinking about purchasing these cameras for outside viewing/surveillance, however I want to keep them plugged into a power source and not drill through my walls for an outside mounting setup. Does anyone know how well these view through a window, day and/or night, and what are the negative aspects of this option?

3 REPLIES 3
dcfox1
Master
Master

They use PIR so they wont detect motion through glass. The Q indoor cams can though from what I saw. 

jhhannah
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the intel! So in your opinion, the Arlo Q would be a sufficient selection for this application? I have a couple of opportunities to put on window ledges of 3rd story windows to look down on street and driveway, as well as cover backyard. I'm trying to prevent having to install on exterior due to the powering situation. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

I don't have one and not sure how adjustable it is to look down. You can check out the product page, I believe they still make it. The Essential indoor cam is coming soon and looks adjustable but not sure if it is still PIR or not. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation