Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kurtataltos
Guide
Guide

Pro4.   Every time I charge a battery, on restart after charging, I get "Your Arlo device appears offline".   NOTHING has changed except for the battery being removed, recharged and reinserted.   This is a recurring issue.  Sometimes it works.  Most of the time it doesn't.  If/when it finally recovers (for reasons unknown)  then it runs fine until.... the next battery charge and then its 6 hours of flailing to try to get it to work again.   This is sloppy hardware and software engineering by Arlo.    I regret buying Arlo.  I can't trust it to work

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kurtataltos,

If the camera has good signal strength, it should automatically reconnect after re-inserting the battery. If you bring the camera close to the base station or your router, does that allow it to reconnect?

JamesC

kurtataltos
Guide
Guide

3 pro4 cameras.  2 are offline if checked from my PC.   0 are off line if I check from my phone.  The offline issue is a recurring problem that needs resolution: a new system, a refund, a simple answer that fixes the problem, pick one.   The last seems to be the easiest except you don't appear to have a fix.  It's not the batteries, units have been powered up/down.  Base station has been power cycled and the light is blue.  

This is your problem with your product.  What is the fix?

kurtataltos
Guide
Guide

Still no answer.  If I check my 3 cameras via cellphone, all ok.   If I check via 

PC, 2 of 3 are consistently off line.  The problem is long term, unresolved, has nothing to do with the distance from the base, batteries are fully charged, base has been set/reset, power up/down... this is an on going issue that needs closure.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kurtataltos wrote:

Still no answer.  If I check my 3 cameras via cellphone, all ok.   If I check via 

PC, 2 of 3 are consistently off line.  The problem is long term, unresolved, has nothing to do with the distance from the base, batteries are fully charged, base has been set/reset, power up/down... this is an on going issue that needs closure.  

If you can live stream them from your phone, then the cameras are online (no matter what the web client thinks).

There's definitely an issue there that some people are running into.  You might try logging into an incognito/private browsing window and see if that works.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation