Video Pulsing in and out of focus

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
akadios
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have installed 6 arlo Pro 4 cameras and have noticed that the video is pulsing in and out of focus.  I am not sure what is causing it, no settings that i change have made any impact on this occurrence but it makes the videos extremely poor quality.  All 6 cameras do it, my internet is is fine, my wireless network is an eero system and new with a hub and 2 extenders.  It seems to happen on a rhythmic pulse.  

I have added a video to show (it happens at night too it is 24:7)

https://vimeo.com/839453920?share=copy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@akadios wrote:

I have installed 6 arlo Pro 4 cameras and have noticed that the video is pulsing in and out of focus.  

There are several reports on this, you are not alone.

This was caused by a recent firmware update.  Every two seconds the camera sends an i-frame.  But they aren't giving that i-frame a high enough bit rate, so it blurs out.  Arlo does know about the problem, hopefully they will fix it soon.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
akadios
Aspirant
Aspirant

Added speed test 

IMG_3010.jpeg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@akadios wrote:

I have installed 6 arlo Pro 4 cameras and have noticed that the video is pulsing in and out of focus.  

There are several reports on this, you are not alone.

This was caused by a recent firmware update.  Every two seconds the camera sends an i-frame.  But they aren't giving that i-frame a high enough bit rate, so it blurs out.  Arlo does know about the problem, hopefully they will fix it soon.

Billycrk
Tutor
Tutor

This has been happening with my Arlo Pro 4 cameras since late in the spring. Arlo support on the issue has been dismal. They keep trying to get you to recheck the same things (internet speed, location,etc.) and the issue remains. It did disappear for a few days in early July when a new firmware update went out, but was rolled back.

Mrproatc2011
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo can add me to the list of people having all of their Pro 4 cameras being blurry and and then becoming slightly clearer (although still poor quality) every couple seconds. The cameras are almost unusable for what they were purchased for (to be able to identify someone if they’re causing trouble or breaking in). The current quality looks like 360p, NOT 2K.

KeonD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experience the exact same issue as well. The quality is below what I would have expected for 2k. It looks a bit more like 480p at least live. Some of the recorded video is ok and I have set it to high quality instead of battery saver.

The pulsing in and out is annoying

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation