Struggling to see how cameras could be mounted

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mgd12
Follower
Follower

What is the point of the cheap screw mounts shipped with these cameras? I don't see how it could be securely attached to a wall and still manage to point in a useful direction. It doesn't help that my house is stone and stucco. Even if it wasn't, though, I still don't see how the camera can possibly point anywhere useful with those mounts.

It doesn't matter if the cameras are brilliant, when I can't put them anywhere useful.

I'd love to hear any ideas before I ship this thing back.

2 REPLIES 2
Mrproatc2011
Tutor
Tutor

It literally makes no sense why a 3 pack of these ships with two magnetic mounts and a crappy screw mount. Is arlo willing to swap out the pain in the butt screw mount for a 3rd magnetic mount (which should've already been in the box and I searched 5 minutes for it to only realize there was no third magnetic mount)?  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@mgd12 wrote:

What is the point of the cheap screw mounts shipped with these cameras? I don't see how it could be securely attached to a wall and still manage to point in a useful direction. It doesn't help that my house is stone and stucco. Even if it wasn't, though, I still don't see how the camera can possibly point anywhere useful with those mounts.

With such surfaces you have to get creative for mounting. It may be best to fasten an appropriate piece of wood to the surface and then the mount.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation