Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mmuggin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Arlo fam,

I got this setup from costco and it was working great during the trial period (of course).

The issue I'm having now is, trial is over and I tried to setup the USB drive to record to the base station but I haven't had any luck doing so.

I followed all the steps that Arlo can offer and tried speaking with a CSR but no bueno.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10
Dannybear
Master
Master
mmuggin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestion. I’ve tried everything on here but it still doesn’t record locally. USB is formatted correctly and status is good per the app but whenever I try to change the settings to record when motion is detected, the option to check off Record video is greyed out

Dannybear
Master
Master

What is the camera resolution set for in the camera settings?

mmuggin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m assuming it’s 2K. I haven’t changed resolution settings and haven’t seen where I can change it. Would resolution give me this issue? If so, where could I find the setting to change this to see if this solves my issue

Thank you, again. I appreciate you

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mmuggin wrote:

I’m assuming it’s 2K. I haven’t changed resolution settings and haven’t seen where I can change it.

You can set the resolution on the video doorbells, but unfortunately you can't set it on the other cameras.  

Did you double-check that "Record Locally" is enabled in storage settings?

If it is, I suggest first restarting the smarthub.  If it's still grayed out, maybe try creating a test custom mode, and see if you can enable "record" in the rule there.

mmuggin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Record locally is enabled. Storage status is ready as well

Dannybear
Master
Master

Can you check in the mobile settings under arlo that network access is enabled, if you don’t have it referenced you may need to reinstall the arlo app.

Also what VMB Base station model do you have, only the 4540 and 5000 have direct access to storage.

mmuggin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Network access is enabled and reinstalled the app. 

Model is VMB4540r3 according to device info from the Arlo app

Still not able to record

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mmuggin wrote:

Model is VMB4540r3 according to device info from the Arlo app

Still not able to record

Did you check the setting I suggest above? And also try the other two things I suggested?

mmuggin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I did the restart. Tried a test mode as well along with the settings you suggested and the record option is greyed out but I can have the siren activate ironically. 

I also restarted from scratch and added each camera as well as the base and tried all suggestions again but the option to record is greyed out. Very disappointed with this. I may have to return this to Costco and I hate returning things

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation