Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Usb not working again

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dkn1
Follower
Follower
This post has what I have done.
Free 3 months of cloud recording had expired several days ago. Initially I set up my three Arlo Pro 4
cameras with VMB4540 smart hub. I thought I set them up to have this smart hub doing the recording, or local record. A USB thumb drive is needed to set up local recording. I inserted a 16GB USB thumb drive to the back of the smart hub and it didn't work, so I put in a 1TB drive in, formatted it and it worked for 5 min. Then after a couple hours going back and forth with support it worked for 3 months and has now stopped working again and now the USB 1tb will not function. The 16 gb was formatted and placed in Arlo and it initially accepted it but after 2-3 minutes, Arlo does not recognize it has a USB device inserted again. After another hour with support team, it still doesn't work.

I followed the steps shown on the cell phone Arlo app to have the USB drive formatted and the steps of the support. Probably taking this back for a ring or something that works if I can't get it working again. All I want is to record and store locally on a USB drive! It shouldn't be that difficult!
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you've tried various drives and have the same problem, utilize your warranty by going to Settings, Support and get started on an RMA.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation