Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jeffvdp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using Windows 10. I am trying to sign in to my.arlo.com to subscribe now that my free trial ends today. I consistently get a "request timed out" error on both Edge and Chrome.

13 REPLIES 13
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jeffvdp wrote:

I am using Windows 10. I am trying to sign in to my.arlo.com to subscribe now that my free trial ends today. I consistently get a "request timed out" error on both Edge and Chrome.

Is the two factor authentication timing out?  Or something else?

jeffvdp
Aspirant
Aspirant

It happens after I put in email and password. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jeffvdp wrote:

It happens after I put in email and password. 

Are you seeing a red stripe at the top that says "Authentication timed-out. Try again."

Or something else?

jeffvdp
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is red momentarily, but then becomes an orange bar that says "Request timed out"

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jeffvdp wrote:

It is red momentarily, but then becomes an orange bar that says "Request timed out"

What is the text in the red bar???

Are you then seeing an option to choose another verification method at the bottom center of the screen?

Dg_in_FL
Guide
Guide

Same thing here. MacOS. "Request timed out" Can't log in.

Looks like a long-running problem with Arlo that the company has been unable or unwilling to solve.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dg_in_FL 

Which version of Mac OS are you running? I can not replicate this with Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71)

Do you happen to have a screenshot?

jeffvdp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know if there is text in the red bar or not. It happens for only a moment. There is no option for selecting another verification method on the bottom of the screen.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jeffvdp 

Thanks for the update. Were you able to subscribe to your plan?

jeffvdp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am able to sign up with my phone, but it still would not work on either of our desktop PCs with Edge or Chrome.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jeffvdp 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

Dg_in_FL
Guide
Guide

My desktop is MacOS 12.7.3

I'm able to log-in though my iPhone but not able to log-in with the desktop, as the OP is also experiencing.

I also receive a flash of a red bar across the top of my browser that is immediately replaced by a yellow one.

The red bar says "No Internet Connection"

The yellow bar says "The request timed out"

Since multiple users on different platforms are getting the same errors, the problem is almost certainly on Arlo's end.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi, 

Are we still experiencing this issue logging in to the browser?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation