Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SnohoGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used to be able to turn off notification for various time durations (at no specific time of day) as I wished in the app.  So, for example, if I went out to mow the lawn, I would turn off notifications for two hours so I didn't trigger a notification as walked back and forth around the house.  I can't find that feature anymore.  Was it removed from the app?  Or am I just looking in the wrong places?  If it was removed, I hope it gets put back in.  All those notifications are annoying, not just to me but to other family members as well.  I could disable and turn back on, but when I've done that, sometimes I just forget to turn it back on and don't notice for a couple of days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SnohoGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I take it all back.  I found it in settings.  I just mistook "Mute Notifications" as an on/off setting, but I see now that it has times.  Thanks.  You helped me look a little closer at the right thing.....even if it took two times.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SnohoGuy wrote:

I used to be able to turn off notification for various time durations (at no specific time of day) as I wished in the app.  So, for example, if I went out to mow the lawn, I would turn off notifications for two hours so I didn't trigger a notification as walked back and forth around the house.  I can't find that feature anymore. 

Do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" in the app?  Or do you see "Library"?

If you see "Feed", then press on the profile icon in the upper left of the app screen. Then select "Notifications".

There's a "Mute Notifications" control there - press it, and you will see the options for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 3 hours and 24 hours.

SnohoGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see Library, but I don't see Dashboard or Feed.  I don't see any ability to mute notification in Library.  I'm using the app on Android, but I don't see Dashboard or Feed on my laptop either.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SnohoGuy wrote:

I see Library, but I don't see Dashboard or Feed.  

It should be in Library also, but I'm no longer using that so cannot verify.

SnohoGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I take it all back.  I found it in settings.  I just mistook "Mute Notifications" as an on/off setting, but I see now that it has times.  Thanks.  You helped me look a little closer at the right thing.....even if it took two times.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation