Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MTSH
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

I am looking to activate siren on my Arlo Pro 4 and wondering if it could be triggered only when people are detected.  Mode Rule only has the "Detects Motion" option and does not give the options similar to Smart Alerts (i.e. People, Vehicles, Animals and All Other Motion).

I get a couple of shots for cats each night (note: I do not get push notifications because Smart Alerts for Animals is turned off) and I do not want siren to be set off by them.  Someone tried to break into a garage recently and I would like to have siren only for that type of events.  Having options to select people/object would be very useful.

Another community thread talked about play with Motion Sensitivity but it sounds to me an error-prone process (i.e. siren might not get triggered when it should). 

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MTSH wrote:

I am looking to activate siren on my Arlo Pro 4 and wondering if it could be triggered only when people are detected.  Mode Rule only has the "Detects Motion" option and does not give the options similar to Smart Alerts (i.e. People, Vehicles, Animals and All Other Motion).

It would be a nice feature, but at the moment Arlo doesn't have it.

One aspect is that the smart alert classification is done in the cloud, not by the camera.  So there is a significant lag, which would limit any deterrence from the Siren.

@MTSH wrote:

Another community thread talked about play with Motion Sensitivity but it sounds to me an error-prone process (i.e. siren might not get triggered when it should). 

The options are to

One trick that sometimes helps is to invert the camera (and apply the 180 degree rotation setting for the camera).  Normally the camera is most sensitive to motion at the bottom of the field of view.  If you invert it, that shifts to the top.  That could be helpful here, as the animals are on the ground.

MTSH
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for your quick response @StephenB.  Hope Arlo would consider adding this feature.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation