Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shickey
Follower
Follower

One of my pro 4 cameras terminals corroded to the point of disintegration. I’m not sure how that happened as they are kept sealed,  I use the solar panels so I would not have to deal with swapping out the batteries.

had anyone had this happen to them and have a solution for repair?  

IMG_6291.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that the camera wasn't actually fully seated into the case - do you hear a click when inserting fully? It may also be a damaged o-ring that provides the weather sealing.

In any event, use Settings, Support on the app to choose your camera model and then scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support for a possible RMA. This assumes the camera is still in warranty and you have a subscription.

Edcin84
Initiate
Initiate

Looks like I have the exact same issue with one of our Ultra 2 cameras.  I feel like condensation built up in the interior of the camera housing over time, and the moisture collected in the base where the terminals make contact with the exterior housing.  I am hoping that a fix will present itself, which I doubt.  Thinking about reorienting the remaining cameras so the contacts are not on the bottom.  Arlo Ulra 2 camera.jpg 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation