Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WalterPalmgren
Tutor
Tutor
The solar panel is so cheaply made and of such poor design.
I have other solar panels in the same location for other devices and they all charge very well. But the Arlo panel … it’s laughable.

What did I pay for anyway?
What poor quality.
3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WalterPalmgren,

Could you provide more detail about what it is you're experiencing? Does the solar panel never charge? Are you seeing any error messages within the mobile app?

JamesC

WalterPalmgren
Tutor
Tutor
Well it just doesn’t seem to be able to provide enough power to actually charge the device. So while I can have a solar panel charge something else and that device always stays above 50% battery, your solar panel is inferior and I am lucky if I can get a 5% charge out of it. And both solar panels are in the same place. It’s just seems that your solar panel cannot produce the power needed, or doesn’t have the ability to convert the light to energy very well. It’s a bad design, bad material, or bad production. But it doesn’t work as well as other solar panels.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WalterPalmgren,

The solar panels position is an important factor in maximizing performance. Take a look here for positioning tips to be sure you're getting the most out of your solar panel: How do I position the Arlo Solar Panel to get the most sunlight?

It's also important to note that the camera battery cannot be charged below certain temperature thresholds. For more information on this, take a look here: How do I keep my Arlo batteries charged in cold weather?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation