Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Notifications and correct configuration

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
szamo84
Follower
Follower

Hi all,

I have recently purchased 3x Arlo Pro 4 cameras (Hardware: VMC4041P; soft: A4A71A7DA0B8B) all connected to a WiFi strong signal no Hub on this configuration.

Camera at the front with one activity zone set, power management optimized and smart notifications only for people as there is no possibility of a vehicle, this camera also is activated for package  detection.

Camera at the garden with two activity zone set:

1. Zone for garden gate entry

2. Zone for garage doors 

Similar to the Camera at the front, power management same, smart notifications for people and vehicles and obviously not package detection.

Camera above garage with one activity zone set for the parking space, power management optimized, smart notifications for people and vehicles only and no package detection.

Now camera above the garage does have trigger to start recording from Camera at the garden if there is detection in the parking space zone. Now, not sure if that's working, what would be the best solution that I can check it?

Amount of the notifications what I'm receiving is enormous and there are notifications outside from the activity zones as well. Which obviously drain batteries on all 3 cameras quite fast - fully battery I presuming as I didn't have chance to check that yet would last +/- a week.

Now am I correct to preset a recording time to a 20-30sec will stop triggering so many notifications and if there is a new motion/movement from the smart notification active motion alerts this will still trigger another recording?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@szamo84 wrote:

Now camera above the garage does have trigger to start recording from Camera at the garden if there is detection in the parking space zone. Now, not sure if that's working, what would be the best solution that I can check it?

You should be able to just walk into the activity zone for the parking space, and see if you get a recording from both cameras.

But the activity zone for the garden camera still is applied.  So if there is no motion in those zones, the recording from the garden camera will be surpressed (even though it was triggered from another camera).

@szamo84 wrote:

Amount of the notifications what I'm receiving is enormous and there are notifications outside from the activity zones as well.

Activity zones don't improve battery life.  That's because they are applied in the cloud - so all motion detection in the camera (in or out of the zone) will stream video to the cloud.  

The only options there are

1. adjust the motion sensitivity downward
  2. reposition the cameras to exclude as much extraneous stuff in the field of view as you can

If you adjust motion sensitivity, be careful not to overdo it, as then you will miss notifications you want.

@szamo84 wrote:

Now am I correct to preset a recording time to a 20-30sec will stop triggering so many notifications and if there is a new motion/movement from the smart notification active motion alerts this will still trigger another recording?

What recording time settings are you using now?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation