Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
Tiffanyly
Star
Star

I tried to share a device to 2 friends. They got the invites and created account via link in the email but they could not see the camera. please help. thanks.

#Pro4

97 REPLIES 97
Montoric76
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issue.  I am loving into both accounts on my phone.  Do not see the cameras.  Have removed and reissued access. They accepted the email.  Login (prompts twice). And no cameras.  Gives options for subscriptions .. But no cameras.  Have rebooted the base remotely.  No luck

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds like you're using an account that was granted access/shared cameras from the primary account. If so, click on Home near the top and choose the bottom choice to see the shared cameras. I suggest renaming Home to make it obvious.

Mattklau
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the best answer that explains it clearly! 

There are two different interfaces. 

If you’ve created a new account it will be the new interface. 

if you have an old one.. it will be old (I don’t know why they don’t just update them so there is one)

update your interface and it should connect easily! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo isn't going to force the new UI yet because of the various issues caused by the update. If you have a simple setup without custom modes, etc. it's straightforward but for more complex setups a lot of twiddling is needed to get it to do what you want.

Eventually it will happen but we're all hoping for enhancements to be made for those complex setups.

Ben_C
Aspirant
Aspirant

After fiddling with various new and old accounts I've found the (probably) foolproof way to fix it. As multiple people have said, it's due to incompatibility between the new and old interfaces (LIBRARY vs FEED). To fix it, it REQUIRES the use of the PHONE APP, you can NOT do it through the web interface, but the web interface will be updated after completing the "migration" to the new interface in the app.

1: Log into the PHONE APP and check which User Interface (UI) you have: It will either have a button for "Feed" or for "Library" at the bottom. If you have "Feed", and are still having issues, another account is likely still on the "Library" UI. Follow these directions on the account that shows "Library".

2: Go to the devices screen, and press Add a Device (even if you do not actually need to add one!)

3: select the "Security System" device (it may have a different name, and other devices might work, but this is what worked for me)

4: it will prompt you to upgrade your experience or similar. Follow the prompts etc until it says you have successfully completed the move.

Repeat these steps on all accounts that are showing "Library" at the bottom.

That should be it. I find it immensely frustrating that there is no way to simply click "use new experience" or something to that effect, and that it is ONLY able to be changed through the phone app. My company uses these Arlo cameras on construction sites that have been susceptible to theft and my new superintendents haven't been able to keep an eye on things in MONTHS, having to rely on our IT team (who manage the admin/owner account through the web interface) and the more senior supers, who were still on the old interface.

Ben_C
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologies for tagging all of you, I just went through the thread to try and catch anyone who may still be having issues. See my reply above and let me know if you need any further assistance and I'll see what I can do.

@Jke206 
@Heybrad2022 
@pcp7087 
@mcregal 
@KellyGuy 
@Ku1 
@Luisthepolice1 
@MAC1219 
@omeadaen 
@Crummum 

Ben_C
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologies for tagging all of you, I just went through the thread to try and catch anyone who may still be having issues. See my reply above and let me know if you need any further assistance and I'll see what I can do.

@montythompson 
@Clunk 
@Montoric76 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ben_C wrote:

To fix it, it REQUIRES the use of the PHONE APP, you can NOT do it through the web interface,

Not quite true.  Adding a Pro 5/Pro 5s camera in the web interface will also migrate you to Feed.

@Ben_C wrote:

I find it immensely frustrating that there is no way to simply click "use new experience" or something to that effect

Some users are able to do that

Others have been automatically migrated to "Feed".

But there remain some significant issues with some features, and Arlo doesn't provide the upgrade function to customers they think might use those features.  Of course if you need the "Friend Account" feature you have no choice.  In that case you need to use the hack to force the migration.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tiffanyly wrote:

I tried to share a device to 2 friends. They got the invites and created account via link in the email but they could not see the camera. please help. thanks.

#Pro4

Are you seeing "Library" in your app, or are you seeing "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

If you see "Library", then you need to migrate your account to "Feed".  You can do that by starting to add a Pro 5/Pro 5s camera to your account.  While you can't complete that process w/o the camera, it will migrate your account to "feed' before you get stuck.  

Once you migrate, there is no way to go back to Library.  There are some issues with "Feed" that you should be aware of before you migrate.  It only has three built-in modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, and Standby).  While you can edit those modes, you cannot add any more.  Scheduling is set up differently, and the combination of geofencing+scheduling doesn't work correctly.

Ben_C
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting, because I spent an hour trying to switch via the web interface and it straight wouldn't let me pick the security system option nor the Pro5 cameras; the options were greyed out and said "setup with your phone" or something like that.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ben_C wrote:

Interesting, because I spent an hour trying to switch via the web interface and it straight wouldn't let me pick the security system option nor the Pro5 cameras; the options were greyed out and said "setup with your phone" or something like that.

The home security system, video doorbells, and Essential Gen 2 cameras all need to be set up in the app.

But not the Pro 5.

MarcNamakagon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any way to stop getting the push notifications in this situation.  I have previously had access to my parents camera's.  He refuses to update to "feed" and I no longer care to have access anyway.  I cannot stop getting push notifications even though I have no access to the camera's.  I have my own system that I would like the push notifications but am being driven crazy by his.  He has dropped me from his shared list and I'm still getting notifications.  Thanks for any help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MarcNamakagon 

Can you 100% verify they have removed you from their account or removed access to the cameras?

It looks like you still have access to the three Pro 2 cameras if those are the correct shared devices. 

MarcNamakagon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shane -

Thanks for contacting me about this.  I just had this verified that I have been removed from the account.  I'm still receiving motion notifications even though I cannot access these camera's.  

Marc

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MarcNamakagon

Thanks for the update. Can you PM me with the User's email that was sharing access with you and I can verify with the backend team. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MarcNamakagon 

Thanks, can you ask for that account holder to manually logout from the app settings and log back in and test again.

MarcNamakagon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Welcome.  Just logged him out and then logged back in again.

Marc

MarcNamakagon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just turned on motion notification and triggered.  I won't know for another half hour or so as there was a delay receiving the push notifications on my end.

Marc

MarcNamakagon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still getting motion notifications.  Once again delayed 20-30 minutes. 

Marc

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks

@MarcNamakagon 

Is this occurring on Android or iOS?

What is the OS version off the phone and Arlo app version?

MarcNamakagon
Aspirant
Aspirant

His is an IPhone.  Mine is Android.  I'm Android 13.  Not sure what his system is.  I won't be able to get that info now until late day. 

Marc

MarcNamakagon
Aspirant
Aspirant

This have been solved.  Thanks for the help.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Awesome, Thank you for the update. 

Discussion stats