Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tiffanyly
Star
Star

I tried to share a device to 2 friends. They got the invites and created account via link in the email but they could not see the camera. please help. thanks.

#Pro4

78 REPLIES 78
Montoric76
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issue.  I am loving into both accounts on my phone.  Do not see the cameras.  Have removed and reissued access. They accepted the email.  Login (prompts twice). And no cameras.  Gives options for subscriptions .. But no cameras.  Have rebooted the base remotely.  No luck

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds like you're using an account that was granted access/shared cameras from the primary account. If so, click on Home near the top and choose the bottom choice to see the shared cameras. I suggest renaming Home to make it obvious.

Mattklau
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the best answer that explains it clearly! 

There are two different interfaces. 

If you’ve created a new account it will be the new interface. 

if you have an old one.. it will be old (I don’t know why they don’t just update them so there is one)

update your interface and it should connect easily! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo isn't going to force the new UI yet because of the various issues caused by the update. If you have a simple setup without custom modes, etc. it's straightforward but for more complex setups a lot of twiddling is needed to get it to do what you want.

Eventually it will happen but we're all hoping for enhancements to be made for those complex setups.

Discussion stats