Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Setting up new Arlo Pro 4

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
J_West
Tutor
Tutor

This is my first time using Arlo products and I am having trouble setting them up. After the camera reads the QR code and chimes, I click to start to search for the camera. At this point the camera LED continues to blink blue for maybe 30 seconds and then just stops. The app continues to search, but never finds the camera. Should the LED be blinking the entire time? Any ideas on what that means if anything? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
J_West
Tutor
Tutor

I would like to thank you very much for the hint that ended up solving this although I have no idea how or why. I downloaded the Arlo app on my iPad so I could try and set them up with it as I was watching my router data on my phone. I tried 2 cameras the first time. One as soon as the LED quit blinking I hit the sync so it would start blinking again and the other I left alone. My iPad found them both and set them up 1st try no issues. I tried for several days on my iPhone and it never worked, then one the iPad and boom first try. I have no idea why one worked and the other didn't but that was the only variable. If you hadn't mentioned checking my router to see if they were connecting to it I would have never have thought to try it on my iPad. Thanks again! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
J_West
Tutor
Tutor

After trying it again, it is more like 10 seconds and then shuts off. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
J_West
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried that multiple times. I have removed and replaced the batteries, then reset. I have let it run after the LED stops blinking, I have hit the sync button after the LED stops blinking. Nothing seems to work. If I don't hit the sync button the LED stops blinking blue within seconds of me starting the search for it in the app. I tried doing it on my PC instead of the app. Same thing every time. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@J_West wrote:

I have tried that multiple times. I have removed and replaced the batteries, then reset. I have let it run after the LED stops blinking, I have hit the sync button after the LED stops blinking. Nothing seems to work. If I don't hit the sync button the LED stops blinking blue within seconds of me starting the search for it in the app. I tried doing it on my PC instead of the app. Same thing every time. 

Try looking at your router's attached device list after you hear the chime.  See if the doorbell is connected [or not].

WiFi security needs to be WPA2 (AES).  If you have punctuation or spaces in your network name or password, then you might need to remove them.  Arlo unfortunately hasn't documented what characters cause issues.

J_West
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the help! Hopefully I can get this figured out. I have three devices showing in my router that I think are my Arlo cameras although I am not sure. I'm going to go try again while watching that and see if what if anything happens or changes. 

My SSID did have a space in it, I reset it taking that out. I reset the cameras and tried a few more times varying if I would hit the sync button after the LED quit blinking or not. Each time so far the LED quits after a few seconds and the app scans but finds nothing. 

J_West
Tutor
Tutor

I would like to thank you very much for the hint that ended up solving this although I have no idea how or why. I downloaded the Arlo app on my iPad so I could try and set them up with it as I was watching my router data on my phone. I tried 2 cameras the first time. One as soon as the LED quit blinking I hit the sync so it would start blinking again and the other I left alone. My iPad found them both and set them up 1st try no issues. I tried for several days on my iPhone and it never worked, then one the iPad and boom first try. I have no idea why one worked and the other didn't but that was the only variable. If you hadn't mentioned checking my router to see if they were connecting to it I would have never have thought to try it on my iPad. Thanks again! 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation