Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

August 2022 Arlo Pro 4 firmware failure

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
cpcxgsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my Mobile App, I saw on the LIVE VIEW that there were two firmware (2 cameras) that were available for update.

I clicked the UPDATE icon on both LIVE VIEW screens... Only one of the two cameras was able to update their firmware. I keep trying to update the 2nd one... But after numerous attempts and numerous Updating messages, the camera failed to update its firmware...

Any idea as to how to update it? According to my video library, the camera still records. I am only unable to view the camera LIVE. To my understanding, everything else works as advertised.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try reinserting the battery in the camera that needs the update. If connected to a hub, try rebooting that, too.

cpcxgsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! It managed to update. Not sure if it was because I removed the battery or if I moved the camera closer to my internet router... It updated! But now my wifi signal in the mobile app shows 1 bar and it's RED in color (still recording). That's the first time it happened. Meanwhile for my other camera, it's full strength... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap cameras around to see if it's the location or camera.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation