Recorded video audio cuts out

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ctabilas
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo records video just fine, however towards the middle to the end of the video recording the audio cuts out. Is there any fix for this?
15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try reinserting the camera battery to see if that helps.

ctabilas
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve tried removing and reinserting the battery. Restarting the camera. Unpairing and repairing the camera. Still the same issue. Mid way through recorded videos, the audio cuts out still.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support to start working with support for a possible hardware issue. This requires that you have a subscription of any sort.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ctabilas,

Does the audio cut out at the point in the recording consistently? Are there any other visible anomalies within the recording? What does the signal strength icon show for the camera?

JamesC

ctabilas
Aspirant
Aspirant
No other anomalies that I have noticed. The audio doesn’t consistently cut out at the same time. Sometimes audio can cut out half way through, sometimes it’s just the last 5-10 seconds
ctabilas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Signal strength is strong an all 3 cameras, however same issue happens to all 3 cameras.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ctabilas

If the issue is present on three cameras, it's not likely to be a hardware problem. Try bringing one of the cameras close to your router (within a few feet) temporarily and test to see if you can reproduce the issue.

JamesC

ctabilas
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve tested 2 of the 3 cameras 10ft from my router with direct line of sight, signal strength is very good. Still same issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ctabilas,

Does this happen on live streams as well as recordings?

If you try playing back a recording on a different device (PC, Android iOS), is the issue still present?

JamesC

ctabilas
Aspirant
Aspirant
Live streams are fine, tried IOS and PC. Same issue.
DEFO2311
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same exact issue..let me know if you find anything helpful
1melissapenney
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with a Pro 4 I've only had for a few days. I've never encountered this with my Pro2's. It's on recorded videos, that last 5-10 seconds of video and the same whether it's on IOS or PC. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those willing to provide video clip examples of this issue, please reach out to me in a private message and I will provide more details.

Thanks,

JamesC

dijit
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Has been occurring for a while on Arlo 4's and Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Cameras. If there is a resolution to this, please post it for everyone. Clearly this has been ongoing for over 6 months. A fix should have been developed and deployed by now as this is core functionality that is impacted.

DEFO2311
Aspirant
Aspirant

Defo235

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation