Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Questions about upgrading from "original" Arlo (VMC3030)

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since it looks like my old Arlo cameras will be worthless pretty soon, I think I'll be upgrading to several Arlo Pro 4 cameras, and I was hoping that someone could answer a few questions:

* ACCESSORIES: Any chance my old magnetic mounts will still work? What about the screw-in wall mounts? The rubber skins? (I get the feeling the Pro 4 doesn't use skins, is that right?)

* NOTIFICATIONS: I've configured the Arlo app to send me an email every time I get a hit from any of my cameras. Will that still work with a Pro 4? (I assume that's a feature of the app, not the camera, right?)

* WEBSITE: I view my Arlo videos via Arlo's website on a PC, not via an app on my phone. Will I still be able to do that?

* HUB: From what I understand, I'll need a hub if I want to do local storage, but other than that I'll no longer need a hub at all. Is that right?

* GOTCHAS: It hardly seems possible, but are there any features that I've gotten used to on my old cameras that I won't get on the new ones? I know I'll have to pay for storage that used to be free, but is there anything else I should know about?

Thank you so much for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

* ACCESSORIES: Any chance my old magnetic mounts will still work? What about the screw-in wall mounts? The rubber skins? (I get the feeling the Pro 4 doesn't use skins, is that right?)
Not with the newer Pro4 cameras... as the magnet is now in the base not camera like the older.

* NOTIFICATIONS: I've configured the Arlo app to send me an email every time I get a hit from any of my cameras. Will that still work with a Pro 4? (I assume that's a feature of the app, not the camera, right?)

Yes, it will work the same....from the app

* WEBSITE: I view my Arlo videos via Arlo's website on a PC, not via an app on my phone. Will I still be able to do that?

Yes, the system still works on iOS, Android, and Web

* HUB: From what I understand, I'll need a hub if I want to do local storage, but other than that I'll no longer need a hub at all. Is that right?

Yes, believe this is correct

* GOTCHAS: It hardly seems possible, but are there any features that I've gotten used to on my old cameras that I won't get on the new ones? I know I'll have to pay for storage that used to be free, but is there anything else I should know about?
There is the required subscription as you know, the new access prgm is different so there will be another learning curve... I haven't seen much difference or loss of options.

A plus is now an easy Home mode.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not with the newer Pro4 cameras... as the magnet is now in the base not camera like the older.

Yes, it will work the same....from the app

Yes, the system still works on iOS, Android, and Web

Yes, believe this is correct

There is the required subscription as you know, the new access prgm is different so there will be another learning curve... I haven't seen much difference or loss of options.

A plus is now an easy Home mode.

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation