Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trial Pro 4 XL - doesnt start

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TomiOmni
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

just recieved my Pro 4 XL, will install it on the weekend, but just added quickly one camera to check the video quality. I am surprised that I do not get offered the trail period. Read here that I need go to subscriptions and a popup will come - but nothing. I connected the pro4 directly to the internet (I have 3 set with hub). Do I need to get the hub running before?

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use a VPN for the whole network to a US server to set the system up. This would include a new user account. You would also need to use a US credit card. Once configured, you wouldn't need to use the VPN, at least for Arlo.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No need for the hub - any installation should get you the trial sub. Perhaps this was a camera/system that someone else returned after setting it up? That would have taken the trial sub from the camera. @JamesC ? @ShayneS ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TomiOmni,

Are you using the camera in the same country in which it was purchased? Not all countries have trial or subscription plans available. See here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

JamesC

TomiOmni
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks. Well, I purchased it in the US and took to the Peru as Arlo doesn’t have a sales channel here. I was not expecting that the trial doesn’t work here and that I can subscribe to the services. What can I do? Really all a bit disappointing, my Eufy system works without any trouble with subscription. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use a VPN for the whole network to a US server to set the system up. This would include a new user account. You would also need to use a US credit card. Once configured, you wouldn't need to use the VPN, at least for Arlo.

TomiOmni
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,  

tried just this yesterday evening and it worked.

Many thanks, Tom 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation