Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ang13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting notifications but the cameras are not recording the alerts. When I go to the app says there are no events. Why aren’t the cameras recording when I get the alerts?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ang13 wrote:

I am getting notifications but the cameras are not recording the alerts. When I go to the app says there are no events. Why aren’t the cameras recording when I get the alerts?

Are the cameras in a subscription plan?  Cloud recording requires an Arlo Secure subscription.

Ang13
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, was told when we bought them no plan/fee was required! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ang13 wrote:

No, was told when we bought them no plan/fee was required! 

Who told you that?  

You can use the cameras w/o a subscription, but the functionality is very limited.

Ang13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Best Buy where we bought the cameras. They told us you only pay if you want the system monitored. Also, have several family/friends that have the same ones and they do not pay.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to avoid any confusion - this is a user-to-user forum, and I do not work for Arlo or represent them in any way.

@Ang13 wrote:

Also, have several family/friends that have the same ones and they do not pay.  

Let's start here.

Old Arlo cameras like the Pro and Pro 2 were sold with free 7-day cloud recording.  Those cameras are not currently sold and are on the end-of-life list here:

They still do function, and still do have the 7 days free cloud recording. 

But Arlo stopped selling new models with that feature 5 years ago - starting with the Ultra.  All the current cameras require an Arlo Secure subscription to get cloud recording.

So your family/friends are not paying for cloud storage, then they must either have the older "legacy" cameras or still have the trial subscription.

@Ang13 wrote:

Best Buy where we bought the cameras. They told us you only pay if you want the system monitored. 

Unfortunately they gave you the wrong information.  Information on what the subscription features are is found here:

Do you have a VMB4540 smarthub as part of your system?  Or are your cameras directly connected to your home wifi?

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Ang13 

Was the information about subscription printed on the box when you received the equipment?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation