Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
grohman
Follower
Follower

Hi there,

I am shopping for cameras and Arlo does not seem to have a customer service number to call and ask questions.  My question is, if anyone knows if I can buy two individual cameras that aren't necessarily part of a bundle, but control them from the same app.  I really just need one indoor and one outdoor camera, and was thinking about getting an Arlo Pro 4 for each location.  Can you control these both from a single app?  I would assume you can but am not sure after researching on the website.  One other question - is there any video recorded at all without purchasing the monthly service plan, or is this the only way to get any video recording at all?  Thanks for anyone's help.

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master
The pro4 cameras can operate without a base station as they can be setup to connect directly to your local wifi on your router or modem.

With no subscription and base station you will only get basic motion detection notifications and live viewing only.

If you have a 5000 or 4540 base you can view recordings saved on an installed backup memory device using the arlo mobile app only, and when locally on wifi, unless you configure your router to remote access the Base.

The other base stations 4000 and 4500 only have USB device file access when removed from the base and viewed on a pc.
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation