Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

QR genreate wrong password (and maybe wrong SSID too)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bartman76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Guys,

I am a weird issue.  I search the web and no one seems to have the same problem as me.  I try to set up new Arlo 4 and 5S cameras but when I scan the QR code that the app generated (after entering the SSID and password), camera is able to scan it (with the chime and all) but it can never find the camera.  I tried 4 different camera and both on iphone and ipad but it is the same.  So I try to scan the QR code on my phone and I too failed to join the network.

My SSID is "Ko Family" and password is "Johnny123"

When I used a QR decoder, I found the QR code to be

Wi-Fi Name : Ko Family;P:Johnny123;
Wi-Fi Password : Johnny12

So there is additional text after Wifi name and the password is missing one last character.  I tried shortening the password and it will forever be missing the last character. I tried to generate my own QR Code, but then the camera will not scan it (begin to flash amber light quickly)

How do I solve this?  What should I do?  I have a lot of camera and they can no longer to return.  I am at a loss... Please help me

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For various reasons, including the fact that you just posted your WiFi credentials on the Internet, change your WiFi password to see if that helps. I don't know why the password would be truncated in the QR code but that could explain why various folks have had this issue.

Bartman76
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reminder but the password was not the actual password, I am just trying to show that no matter how many times I changed the password, the last character ghost truncated  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Good move!  🙂

Have you tried using a computer (my.arlo.com) that has a camera connected to do this?

@JamesC or @ShayneS - ever heard of this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43467752

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation